Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 04:59 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
recently as i was leaving a bar in hazel green at closing time i noticed a deputy car sitting nearby. i stumbled around for a bit trying my keys in several different vehicles. the deputy watching me intently. a few other people left. when i finally found my car i fell into it landing on the horn for a few seconds. some more people drove away. i started stalled a few times turning my lites on and off . another guy left. when i finally pulled onto the highway the deputy quickly pulled me over and made me take a breathalyzer test which i passed with ease. he said his tester must be broken. i told him probably not .i havent had a drink all nite. it was my nite to be the designated decoy .
Whoa, come on, is that true...great story!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 05:27 PM

3,507 posts, read 766,278 times
if i`m lying i`m dying .

Old 05-29-2015, 06:14 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Snow storm.
Driving.
Heavy wet snow.
My Ford pickup truck. About 10 years old at the time.

On highway for a 2 hour trip one way.
The truck began to act as if it wasn't getting gas. Sporadic rough running. I pulled over a couple of times and looked at engine. As if I could actually figure anything out.
Then get going again and worked fine but then shortly same issues.

The third time I pulled over I looked more closely. Ford in it's wisdom at the time had placed the air intake (before the air filter) in a tube with a square front. And this front of the air intake faced forward - and was completely covered with the heavy wet snow.
Once I removed the snow from the air intake - all went fine.
You were DRIVING at 10 years old?!!!

Old 05-29-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976
One time I forgot to close the trunk and it was completely up as I was driving at low speeds inside the park. Car was white and there was snow everywhere some even on the road. I looked in the mirror and wondered why snow looked so weird! Then a passerby waved me and I realized it wasn't snow after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Am I missing something? Your story makes zero sense to me
I think he means he was driving a white car in the snow and had forgotten to close the trunk, so when he looked in his rear-view mirror, he saw the white trunk up in the air and thought the snow had accumulated very quickly, but only in one place in the park.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
another time as i was leaving the beer club it was`nt my time to be the decoy ..i stumbled out of the bar weaving my way precariously ( spelling ? ) towards my car .. i finally found it and hopped in the seat and noticed something was amiss .. my steering wheel was missing .. i thought why would someone steal a steering wheel .. at about the same time i noticed the gas and clutch pedals were gone ... in a fit of anger i yelled out to the deputy ( same one in the last story ) .. hey !!! you been sitting there all nite and you let somebody vandalize my car !!! ...he politely came over and helped me into the back seat of his cruiser and told me he would take me to town and let me spend the nite on him ( in jail ) .. the next morning he told me the rest of the story ( as paul harvey would say ) when i came out of the club i had gotten into the back seat of my car ...

Your posts are hilarious! This reminded me of something I did just last week at the all-night CVS. I always park very close to the door, so I headed out with all my things and went straight to my car and opened the back door as usual, to put the stuff in, but it wasn't my car!!! It was the same color, and parked right beside me, and an older woman was sitting up front, and a child in back!! I just laughed, because they laughed, and I said, "Good Lord, this isn't my car!" and apologized, and then went to my own car beside theirs and said, "You know, if you're going my way, I can share this stuff with you," or something like that, and again they just laughed. I was lucky; could have been someone crazy.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:40 PM

This is a funny thread! I remembered some more, but these are from my high-school years:

1) I never could drive stoned; my coordination just left me altogether. But I was with a friend who was more "torn up" than I was, and I somehow made it to my parents' house -- late -- they were waiting up -- and I couldn't manage to maneuver the car (it was a '78 red Pinto) in the double-car garage because I was afraid I'd hit either the wall or the other car, and I backed up, went forward several times but finally gave up because I saw my mother looking out the kitchen window at this little scene and knew I was in trouble.

So I then reached for what I was thinking was the emergency brake, but it was my hood release, because I had just learned to drive (in a Buick, with the emergency brake down on the left-hand side under the dash part). So the hood popped, and we straggled inside, and I remember I mumbled something about being unable to park in the garage because "the axle caught." She stood there with her eyes narrowed at me, hands on her hips, and then read both of us the riot act.

2) I had a very eccentric journalism teacher in high school, and he'd sometimes take a few of us who worked on the yearbook staff to lunch off campus or whatever, and it was always embarrassing and funny to me because every time he put on the brakes, the horn sounded. LOUD. It was one of those older, long, sort of low-to-the-ground cars with a lot of space inside, and he just never got that fixed!

Old 05-30-2015, 02:36 PM

3,507 posts, read 766,278 times
[IMG][/IMG]in 1975 bigfoot was spotted in southern tenn .. lincoln county to be exact ..i know the fellow who saw him ..stanley moore .. .. anyway i was still dating a high school sweetheart from that area ( lincoln lake ) and one weekend a friend and i were up there after having gone on our dates and were taking my girlfriend home .. of course i had been partaking in the suds most of the nite and needed to relieve myself so we diverted down a lonely one lane dirt road and i stepped out behind the car to do my duty .. as i was doing my buisness a rather large white face cow leaned over a fence and snorted real loud in my friends rolled down window ..He screamed .. both the girls screamed and he floored it spewing gravel all over me and leaving me in the middle of that dirt road with little hoss hanging out ...i ran faster than O.J simpson ever thought about and finally caught up with them about a 1/4 mile down the road .. when i got to his window i slapped his door out of breath and grunting for him to open it and let me in .. again he yelled out and so did the girls and off again he went but .. eventually i got back in the car and the nite was finished
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive