Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 11:27 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,762,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I get exceedingly irritated when I am driving on a one-lane highway going a little over the speed limit (around 3 to 5 miles) and someone comes up behind me expecting me to go faster (tail-gating);

Speed up or move to the right and let them pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 02:52 PM

768 posts, read 718,180 times
rdflk~

Would you also apply that to lanes that are "exit only" meaning you either get over or get off the freeway, for example? Have you ever been in the "exit only" lane with the intention of getting off the freeway only to find your lane is blocked by someone who waited until the last second to get out of the "exit only" lane but couldn't quite cut all the way into the lane & ended up blocking everyone trying to get off? Those kinds of incidents make traffic worse & can & do cause accidents.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:12 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
People twatting, texting and snap chatting, while they are driving. Never done those things and really have no desire to do them.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:27 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
People twatting...

Say what?

Old 05-07-2015, 03:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
The sun annoyingly reflects off of my shifter's chrome ring into my eyes...sunless no help.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:38 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,467,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
People twatting, texting and snap chatting, while they are driving. Never done those things and really have no desire to do them.
I hope you mean tweeting lol

Old 05-07-2015, 03:41 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,182,696 times
People who stay in a lane that is closing in 1 mile...then 1/2 a mile, and so on until they run out of room and then want to get over in front of those who got over a decent distance before. It happens ALL THE TIME around here. Then the people that aren't a-holes have to wait forever because of it.

Tailgaters. Especially in rainy or snowy weather when one should have more stopping distance between cars.

Inattentive or lost people who see their exit at the last possible second and zoom over across one or two lanes (or more!) of traffic in a dangerous manner.

Idiots who are texting or blabbing on the phone even though it is dangerous and ILLEGAL.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:55 PM

862 posts, read 1,196,187 times
Along the same lines as those who use their cell phones while driving talking about those who drive recklessly and don't pay any attention to the road thanks to lighting up their smokes and those who sit through a green light because they need a few puffs if they are not lighting it up. That happened to me yesterday. Light turned green but the car in front of me did not move because the guy in front of me was trying to fire up his cigar. All the cars were honking their horns but to this guy that cigar was very important. When the light turned red of course he was finally able to successfully fire up that thing.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:57 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
Sunaru has a feature on some models now that will monitor the traffic light and will either beep or flash on the instrument cluster that the light is now green. Perfect feature for those less attentive drivers

Old 05-07-2015, 07:11 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
People who talk about going with the flow of traffic being the right thing to do who don't think about the fact that if they're in the left lane passing everyone, THEY are the ones who are not going with the flow of traffic which happens to be slower than they want to go. Somehow if the traffic is going fast, that's "the flow of traffic", but if the traffic is going the speed limit or slower, it's not and everyone ELSE is not going with "the flow of traffic".

Nimnulls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive