Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 08:30 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,992,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Why would you be responsible for repairs when you have a 75,000 power train warranty. And what do you think about the Hellcat Challenger, or the Charger, or the Chrysler 300c. There designs are far better than any import. And there Pickup is one of the best on the road today. I worked for Chrysler at there Warren Truck assembly plant and we made some nice looking and very dependable pickups. Until you drive the new chrysler cars and trucks you have no idea what you are talking about.
I think I'd rather have a Camaro or Mustang GT if I wanted a car of that sort.

Nothing from Chrysler is worth a red cent of mine. They have the reputation for being junk because they earned it.

"Their designs are far better than any import"

Based on WHAT!? Some emotional investment you've made?

Their pickups are trash. I used to own one. I would know. It was in the guise of a 5.7L Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 545RFE. It was nothing but a fragile POS that fell apart in 3-4 years. Transmission leaking, dealer pulled it out, "fixed it", then it began leaking again, ate a couple of water pumps, front suspension rotted out and had to replace the LCA's because of it, on and on and on. Oh, it was a 2010 model with 92K on the odometer when I finally dumped that thing about a month ago and got a Mazda. Far happier now.

You are NEVER going to convince me to EVER buy another POS Chrysler/Fiat.

My co-worker's 2012 RAM had the same issue. 33K miles or so when she traded it in with her second transmission beginning to fail.

Dodge. The name says it all.

Lookie there, look who is DOMINATING the bottom...that's right. The same company. Except Land Rover and Mini, but we already knew they would be odd-men-out at the bottom. The rest of it is the Dodge/Fiat/Jeep family, as expected.

Here's Consumer Reports. Same story.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 08:51 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,127,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I think I'd rather have a Camaro or Mustang GT if I wanted a car of that sort.

Nothing from Chrysler is worth a red cent of mine. They have the reputation for being junk because they earned it.

"Their designs are far better than any import"

Based on WHAT!? Some emotional investment you've made?

Their pickups are trash. I used to own one. I would know. It was in the guise of a 5.7L Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 545RFE. It was nothing but a fragile POS that fell apart in 3-4 years. Transmission leaking, dealer pulled it out, "fixed it", then it began leaking again, ate a couple of water pumps, front suspension rotted out and had to replace the LCA's because of it, on and on and on. Oh, it was a 2010 model with 92K on the odometer when I finally dumped that thing about a month ago and got a Mazda. Far happier now.

You are NEVER going to convince me to EVER buy another POS Chrysler/Fiat.

My co-worker's 2012 RAM had the same issue. 33K miles or so when she traded it in with her second transmission beginning to fail.

Dodge. The name says it all.

Lookie there, look who is DOMINATING the bottom...that's right. The same company. Except Land Rover and Mini, but we already knew they would be odd-men-out at the bottom. The rest of it is the Dodge/Fiat/Jeep family, as expected.

Here's Consumer Reports. Same story.
To each there own but there sales are way up and there making money and creating American jobs. My buddy is working 7 days a week so they can keep up with the demand for there cars and trucks.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:56 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,992,339 times
Quote:
To each there own but there sales are way up and there making money and creating American jobs. My buddy is working 7 days a week so they can keep up with the demand for there cars and trucks.
I'm glad for the Americans that are working, don't get me wrong, and I won't even blame the people assembling the parts, as I don't think that's why those vehicles are POS's. I just blame the parts. They are cheap vehicles trying to offer BMW/Mercedes luxury, and quality construction is where they cut the cost. I bought a loaded out Jeep Grand Cherokee against the advice of every friend I had, and I ate that crow feathers and all. NEVER again.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:57 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Quote:
Can you please start using "their" instead of "there"? Your incorrect usage of "there" where you should be using "their" is driving me crazy and making it a lot harder to buy into what you're saying.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:14 AM

890 posts, read 883,331 times
The Japanese have never been able to compete in full size trucks. I agree with Vannort54, Chrysler is on their way up. Honda's are too noisy, and they are never get called out on it by Consumer Reports - they should rename themselves "The Official Honda and Toyota fan club". I sold my Tacoma because it was very uncomfortable, and had excessive wind noise above 70 mph. It was reliable.

Now here is pure trash:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...haul/index.htm

Consumer Reports has to be paid off, no one is stupid enough to write such a biased article, if they aren't being paid.

Last edited by Graywhiskers; 06-13-2015 at 10:11 AM..

Old 06-13-2015, 10:20 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
The Japanese have never been able to compete in full size trucks. I agree with Vannort54, Chrysler is on their way up. Honda's are too noisy, and they are never get called out on it by Consumer Reports - they should rename themselves "The Official Honda and Toyota fan club". I sold my Tacoma because it was very uncomfortable, and had excessive wind noise above 70 mph. It was reliable.

Now here is pure trash:
Best Cars for Making It to 200,000 Miles - Consumer Reports

Consumer Reports has to be paid off, no one is stupid enough to write such a biased article, if they aren't being paid.
LOL! Wow, all Toyota and Honda...nothing else. Seems fishy to me.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:54 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
LOL! Wow, all Toyota and Honda...nothing else. Seems fishy to me.
Seems like the usual CR article to me. It was fishy 25 years ago. It's downright putrid now.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:16 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
What is the real scoop on the reliability of American cars made today? Have they finally reached on par with Japanese vehicles? I mean if I bought a Ford or Chevy today and religiously maintained could I be 100% confident that I would get at least 150,000 trouble free miles out of it without any issues?
Back in 1978 I bought a Firebird. Two weeks later the reservoir for the window washer fell out of the car. Since then my wife and I have driven an Acura Integra, a Honda Accord, a Nissan Pathfinder, three Toyota Rav 4s and a Toyota Camry Hybrid. Since 1987 we've driven Japanese cars and have no regrets.

My RAV4 is now being driven by my son and has 208,000 miles on it. My wife traded in a RAV4 with 207K as the down payment for a new one. Consumer Reports recently issued a warning about the quality of Nissans.

One American car that has impressive quality is Buick.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:08 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I try not to have brand loyalty since brands change so much over time. You can take reliability data from previous years model and use that to make an educated guess how the newer model will be... for example the 2011 Civic is the last of that generation and one of the most reliable vehicles ever made. Not all model years of all vehicle makes are good.

Honda Civic Problems | CarComplaints.com

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Camry/

Old 06-14-2015, 04:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
After 30+ years of driving American cars i finally came into possession of a Japanese car, wow i never knew cars could be this reliable, basically drive em 300K putting in just regular maintenance then sell em and buy another.I've been buying only Japanese cars since 1990 my favorite being Toyota products.
American cars? not for me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive