Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 09:58 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,261,776 times

Advertisements

1992 bright red Toyota Supra. My last stick shift. I loooooved the car, but the second winter I owned it was brutal -- there was always frozen something-or-other on the road. That Supra was tough to control on wet roads; lots of fishtailing if you accelerated from stop and had to deal with a turn or curve right away. But in ice it was just impossible. So I traded it in for my first AWD, a Subaru SVX, which turned out to be probably my favorite car ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 10:01 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
2014 Prius C

I hated the test drive (gutless acceleration, handles like a bus, and it's the ugliest thing on the road) but bought it anyway because it's cheap to own and cheap to operate, and I was tired of listening to the incessant nagging about how my 2+2 coupe was "uncomfortable" and "expensive" even though it got better than average gas mileage and was nearly paid off.

Never again.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:24 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,244,181 times
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Limited. I kept it for 3-6 months. Too long. I kept hoping it would get better, but it was the worst car I ever owned. Wasn't cheap either, at around $32K. I thought it was going to be a nice car, but I couldn't take a 500 mile trip without something going wrong with it. Traded it for an '86 Saab 9000 Turbo, which was probably my favorite car of all time (along with the '88 Saab Turbo that I traded it for a couple years later).

Old 06-27-2015, 02:22 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,077,268 times
I bought a 2014 Q50 Sedan that I wished I would have never purchased. This car is complete garbage.

1) To turn the A/C on, there is not buttons! You have to wait for the infotainment system to load (1 minute or so), then, you click on the climate button, after that, there is the A/C icon on the screen. You click on that to turn it on....

2) Remote Control Steering. Gone are the rack and pinion steering, it is instead replaced with some electronically controlled gimmick. No feedback, feels artificial, and it has 3 settings that no one ever touches. Heck, I don't even remember how to get to the settings as it's hidden somewhere in the apps. Oh, if it's snowing outside... LOL, the steering shutdown and you are out. You have to call a tow truck because it's impossible to steer the car when then crappy mechanical gearing kicks in.

With rack and pinion, if the power steering fails, you can still steer the car with one hand. Not with this Q50. You need 3 people to turn the wheel.

3) Horrible fuel economy. Gets 15.2 mpg at best. (60/40) city/hwy

4) Infotainment system. Complete garbage. We were promised the Pandora App late 2013. It's now mid 2015. No Pandora. System is also SLOW. CD player can only hold 1 CD.

5) Road noise. WTH this thing is LOUD. My 2006 Coupe with summer performance tires are quieter than this Sedan.

6) Crappy Alignment. I guess because it's powered by a remote control steering unit, everytime you hit a dip, the alignment goes out of whack. I got my car aligned a week ago. It's going back on monday for another alignment. Car is pulling to the left now. They recommend that you stop and slow down for any dips on the road. We're talking less than 2mph here. Go faster and the steering will lose it's alignment. You'll either pull to the left or to the right. Complete and utter garbage!

Old 06-27-2015, 06:30 AM

2,778 posts, read 5,169,425 times
A couple of them I got brand new and got rid of them (at loss but happy to get out since life is too short):

Dodge Shadow 94 - new, lots of issues
Buick Rendezvous 2003 - new, big issue with cracked engine block overheating and GM not fixing it
Nissan Quest 2005 - new, many issues from power doors, radio falling in (no kidding), rattling noises, etc
Cadillac SRX 2008 - this was almost new (got from Cadi dealer with under 10k on it) was worst of them all for most issues: timing chain, leaking oil, burning lights, etc. Was more at the dealer than with me
Toyota Camry SE 2012 - new, got rid of this one within 1 year, I felt old by driving it and dying of boredom

I've had other issues with Oldsmobile, Infinity, Chevy, Ford, Acura, BMW, Nisan, Subaru but those were second hand.
I never have had issues with MB, VW, Audi and would buy again the last 3 brands since they are fun to drive.

After many years of driving, I appreciate handling response more than anything while hating boat like handling cars I get when renting...

Old 06-27-2015, 06:48 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,798,292 times
Never happened, I do a lot research before I buy anything and I never buy a first run.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:54 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,333,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
I bought a 2014 Q50 Sedan that I wished I would have never purchased. This car is complete garbage.

1) To turn the A/C on, there is not buttons! You have to wait for the infotainment system to load (1 minute or so), then, you click on the climate button, after that, there is the A/C icon on the screen. You click on that to turn it on....

2) Remote Control Steering. Gone are the rack and pinion steering, it is instead replaced with some electronically controlled gimmick. No feedback, feels artificial, and it has 3 settings that no one ever touches. Heck, I don't even remember how to get to the settings as it's hidden somewhere in the apps. Oh, if it's snowing outside... LOL, the steering shutdown and you are out. You have to call a tow truck because it's impossible to steer the car when then crappy mechanical gearing kicks in.

With rack and pinion, if the power steering fails, you can still steer the car with one hand. Not with this Q50. You need 3 people to turn the wheel.

3) Horrible fuel economy. Gets 15.2 mpg at best. (60/40) city/hwy

4) Infotainment system. Complete garbage. We were promised the Pandora App late 2013. It's now mid 2015. No Pandora. System is also SLOW. CD player can only hold 1 CD.

5) Road noise. WTH this thing is LOUD. My 2006 Coupe with summer performance tires are quieter than this Sedan.

6) Crappy Alignment. I guess because it's powered by a remote control steering unit, everytime you hit a dip, the alignment goes out of whack. I got my car aligned a week ago. It's going back on monday for another alignment. Car is pulling to the left now. They recommend that you stop and slow down for any dips on the road. We're talking less than 2mph here. Go faster and the steering will lose it's alignment. You'll either pull to the left or to the right. Complete and utter garbage!
the Q50 is just the G37 Sedan/Coupe models slightly revamped with a minor face lift is it not?

I believe the VQ37VHR N/A 3.7L V6 has not changed much since 2008 they were never great on gas but still made 330HP in either RWD/AWD which made the them more of a BMW 3/4-series competitor and more of a drivers car esp. the coupe with a manual 6-speed transmission .

Old 06-27-2015, 09:46 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
2015 Audi Q3.

1) No memory seats (Thought we could do aftermarket)
2) No Homelink (we did aftermarket).
3) Backseat area and trunk area a little to small

I did offer to trade her in after 2 months of ownership. Dealers were offering me $8000 from what I paid.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:15 AM

922 posts, read 1,150,052 times
Anything with a blue oval logo on it. I swear every Ford we owned had major problems starting around 10k miles. We could have bought several new cars with all the money wasted fixing these pieces of crap.

Ford execs should all be in jail for fraud.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:44 AM

6,739 posts, read 4,424,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Anything with a blue oval logo on it. I swear every Ford we owned had major problems starting around 10k miles. We could have bought several new cars with all the money wasted fixing these pieces of crap.

Ford execs should all be in jail for fraud.

All brands have their pieces of crap. Models they pushed out before thorough testing with new designs. Like with Fords cvt transmission problems. Like mentioned earlier. Never buy a first run of anything. Let them get the bugs out with a re-design of issues. Done this countless times when purchasing automobiles and motorcycles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive