Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 04:12 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,983,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
All you need to see to know that this is a bunk article.

And that link and that web site are awful. Full of advertising and slow.

And poorly presented.

And as stated before Holden is closing down. So why was that truck even mentioned in list.

Yes, a bunk article.

And there is still the chicken tax that makes costs of importing virtually non existent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 06:43 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,421,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Need a Diesel HiLux and that should cover much of USA. (as it does the rest of the world)
Toyota won't bring a Diesel Taco to the US. It isn't that they are ignoring consumer demand, its that they don't feel that the added cost of developing LEVIII emissions standards are worth the added cost of the truck. Its easy enough for Chevy, Dodge, and Ford because they have diesel technology on the road in the US. Toyota doesn't.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:54 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Only one I could possibly see is the Ranger. Ford sold a boat load of them in the US already. I have one. Good little truck for the person who only needs to haul the trash, of a few bags of mulch, but still a good little truck. The rest, nah!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:26 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
They all look like dorkmobiles to me.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:00 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Need a Diesel HiLux and that should cover much of USA. (as it does the rest of the world)
Don’t hold your breath waiting for the Diesel Hilux. ISIS has picked up all the production for the next couple of years.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:39 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,762,172 times
Volkswagen used to sell a truck here in the states. In fact, it was manufactured here. Had the option of a diesel too. I'd love to see the Ranger sold again.

Purchased a 1995 Ranger XLT 4.0 Liter 5-speed manual and just loved that thing. Finally sold it at 280,000 miles because I didn't need it anymore for reason I purchased it. Only problems I had in that whole time was the replacement of the throw-out bearing and the fuel filler hose needed to be replaced. Hard to believe, but in all those miles, I only had to install one set of brake pads. That's the original pads and one set of replacements. Love those stick shifts! I miss that Ranger and would get another as my next vehicle purchase . . . if they were only available. I don't need or want a F150. I'm more comfortable driving something smaller.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,123,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Volkswagen used to sell a truck here in the states. In fact, it was manufactured here. Had the option of a diesel too. I'd love to see the Ranger sold again.

Purchased a 1995 Ranger XLT 4.0 Liter 5-speed manual and just loved that thing. Finally sold it at 280,000 miles because I didn't need it anymore for reason I purchased it. Only problems I had in that whole time was the replacement of the throw-out bearing and the fuel filler hose needed to be replaced. Hard to believe, but in all those miles, I only had to install one set of brake pads. That's the original pads and one set of replacements. Love those stick shifts! I miss that Ranger and would get another as my next vehicle purchase . . . if they were only available. I don't need or want a F150. I'm more comfortable driving something smaller.
If you are going to buy a truck by a real truck not no little Tonka Truck, there was a reason ford stop making the ranger its call lack of sales. There was a time that you could not give a ranger away why pay as much for a ranger or a S10 when you can get a full size for just a little more. There are not enough sales to justify building a small pickup as you can tell by Ford stop building and selling the ranger in the use.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:56 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,773,330 times
Land Cruiser 70 series can be imported under the 25+ year old rule. I am in the process of getting one imported and should be here in late July or early August.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:00 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,773,330 times
Quote:
Hilux. Unstoppable since 1968.
Well, Here's What A Genuine Toyota Hilux Diesel Sells For In America

Big three can keep the FS market. (That is what I use due to towing 22,000# over rough terrain)

I doubt the USA needs more 'girlie trucks'.
Pre-1990s hilux with the diesel engines are awesome trucks. The new ones they make now have crappy platform that is not much different than the current Tacoma. At least they are still offered with diesels in some parts of the world.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:11 PM

178 posts, read 161,953 times
Ranger and Explorer used to be tied together, thus providing Ford with economies of scale when producing them. But if they bring it back, the Ranger and its platform is going to be all alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive