Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 03:03 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,532,911 times

Advertisements

I'll bet you could go right back to the dealer and swap a Rogue for the Pathfinder, of course you will have paid about $4k more for it than if you had negotiated the price, and you'll be paying dealer fees and taxes again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 03:11 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,532,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunguy13 View Post
The dealership hates me, LOL as I got everyone involved while buying the car and got a 21+% discount off MSRP.
If you go back there to trade, they will suddenly LOVE you.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:17 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,590,618 times
If the family is full of adults or teens then the Rogue or similar with the extra seats are going to be very cramped. Keep the Pathfinder, it is not that big. Test drive an Armada, now that's big.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:34 PM

176 posts, read 251,581 times
You guys are awesome..Though, some comments are more like coming from my wife or Father..
I don't want to lose money (That would be so stupid) and posted to get some ideas..However, it looks like I should keep the car or suck it up and lose money..
Guess what, I will try and keep it for at least a year..Maybe after a year, I will like the car more..

Old 09-02-2015, 03:41 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,628,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunguy13 View Post
Thanks. I am working on liking the car and that might be the best solution (for now)
I hope it works out in the end. If you end up getting rid of it at least you won't have to pay it alimony!

Old 09-02-2015, 03:52 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,400,404 times
Honestly, quit whining and keep the darn Pathfinder. With a decision this big, you should have done your homework: test drives etc. You bought a Pathfinder and you will lose money if you dump it. It's not a bad vehicle, my advice is just learn to like it.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:01 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,054,708 times
In reality it is possible to buy a car and then your situation changes, making the vehicle undesirable for you at this time. I am living that out right now. The question becomes whether you are willing to pony up whatever the cost is to make a change. That can only be determined by swallowing your pride, going to the dealer and sitting down to have a hard discussion. If they offer a great deal to get another car out the door, great! If they don't want to offer what you think is a great deal, then you need to learn how to love that thing for a while.

If the situation didn't change and this was truly a bad decision, learn from it. My wife thinks I am nuts for looking at all the cars all the time (even though it is my job too) and she gets annoyed when I tell her ahead of time what she will like or dislike and what options are available. The reality is that my knowledge helps me buy cars very quickly when I need to with a very high confidence in what I am getting and what I should be paying based on popularity, options, and industry trends. If you do the homework and know what is important to you, these mistakes can be avoided in the future.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:05 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,743,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Nissan is having some problems with the CVT transmissions. Tread carefully.
So far I have avoided CVT successfully... years ago, a Doctor bought a Subaru Justy 4wd with a CVT... went out 3 times before 10k miles... told him he was working it too hard driving through snow drifts... which is why he bought the car... winter snow driving to get home each night.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:44 PM

430 posts, read 640,712 times
A Rogue isn't much smaller, not worth downgrading.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:16 PM

600 posts, read 826,085 times
You should give yourself a 1 year cooling off period. You know you will lose money no matter what, I don't think that's even in question so what's really the risk in holding it one year ? In a year, you'll sell it anyways and still lose out. Plus if size is the only issue, not drive or even comfort, I'd try it first.

I could understand maybe 6-8 months, but the time frame in which you bought the vehicle is very short and you may just be making an impulsive decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive