Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:23 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times

Advertisements

.....................able to see the floor boards!

I shoveled out the Forester this morning to take it in for some maintenance. Hate to say it, but has been about 5 years since the floor board shuffle. Sure, the car got cleaned out to a little depth here and there as I shifted between missions, but not that far down.

No, I didn't find Jimmy Hoffa.

But I was reminded, cheerfully so, of what it was to have my own car back. It's not squeeling anymore and running nicely. Even got to mount up my mountain bike on the rack, bolt and tie it down, to be able to go to and fro the mechanic's place.

So now, it's turning to other matters, like getting some real sheepskin seat covers (the ones I used before wore out years ago and were replaced with cheap, thin kinds), detailing, getting my baby repainted, and replacing a hood deflector.

I'm in love, again.......but then again, the honeymoon never ends with a Subaru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 07:00 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
huh?

Old 10-28-2015, 07:39 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,091,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
huh?

It means the OP hadn't cleaned out their car in 5 years and was full of clutter and crap all over the floorboards (and probably seats).

Old 10-28-2015, 07:43 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
I don't see how people can tolerate that! I care my car and vacuum and wash it myself. I would be embarrassed to have a trashy car . JMHO.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:45 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,091,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I don't see how people can tolerate that! I care my car and vacuum and wash it myself. I would be embarrassed to have a trashy car . JMHO.
lol:

Old 10-28-2015, 07:51 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
It means the OP hadn't cleaned out their car in 5 years and was full of clutter and crap all over the floorboards (and probably seats).
Yes....but not quite.

As a station wagon, the back seats were folded down for this cargo or that, such as CB aerial, kitty litter, shopping bags, spare clothes to include boots, scuba tank webbing, leather jacket, field jacket. Plus there were a lot of loose "tools" that weren't in their gear bag such as work gloves, steel cable, rope, collaspable shovel, bow saw, and such.

But yes, in the shotgun seat foot well, a lot of paper, a 2014 calendar given that was never used, cassette tapes, printed out maps, half a box of .45, light on the traveling trash but still some there, an expired fire extinguisher (but its replacement was in the car as well). The former was there because recycling those things is not easy. Pulled the old hanging parking tags from that side's door pocket, mounted my 4 D cell Mag light there.

Put the back seats back up (though mine is really with them down), the curtain back in its notches, put my shopping and freezer bags back there with the paper towels, camp saw, packed gear bag, spare clothes, kitty litter, and CB aerial. Now have my jackets hanging on the backs of the front seats, the first aid kit under the one on the shotgun side.

We are in love, again!

Old 10-28-2015, 08:29 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
This is precisely why I tend to avoid buying used cars that say in the ad "female owned and driven."

I know they think that's a plus, that some kid wasn't ragging on the car, but to me, it means the interior is probably in sad shape and maintenance wasn't kept up.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:46 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
That sounds kind of disgusting.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:46 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,537 times
OP: What model year?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,297,425 times
I try to keep my car neat. It's not as neat as my husband's but pretty close. I have a small trash can hanging off the passenger seat and the moment it gets full I take my car to the car wash to wash the outside and vacuum the entire inside (and empty the trash, of course). The trashcan is my signal to clean the inside of the car.

I once had a roommate many, many years ago who "lived" out of her car - trash all over the inside and a trunk full of clothes, shoes, hats, etc. After the THIRD time her car got broken into and all her stuff stolen, I vowed to NEVER let my car get into that state.

Right now my trunk has two umbrellas (one large, one compact) and a roll of paper towels (which I put in there after having to change a flat tire and having nothing with which to wipe my oily, dirty hands once I was done).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive