Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2016, 11:32 PM

695 posts, read 714,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayDiva View Post
Unbelievable.

Is this how people think now? "Me! Me! Me! - I'm inconvenienced! No respect for someone I don't know!"
ABSOLUTELY! And it's people that think being inconvenienced is to be tolerated that cause most of the problems on the roadways. It is my mission when behind the wheel, that EVERYONE else on the road THINKS about ME and what they can do (or not do) to make sure I don't have to unnecessarily take my foot off the accelerator!

Oh, and this goes for people I DO know too. I've lost friends and girl-friends over Road Rage issues and to that I say, welp, they must not have been my friend in the first place.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
That's an acceptable compromise if they are vigilant about making sure that it's been announced well in advance and in every avenue--a news outfit's Facebook page, TV, radio, all of it. Further, if at all possible, don't make it a busy intersection near banks and such important places and do so during 5 pm or 12 pm etc.
Now wait a minute! There is no compromise--I have to get to work, and I don't feel that I should have to interrupt my LAZINESS time at home, and leave earlier, just because someone died.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's a shame that they let criminals like you drive...
Hey, how ya doing, NJBest?

Well they let Al Capone and his Cronies drive and even carry machine guns. If someone takes a shot at me, they'd better take me out on ONE, cause after that they get the Pit Maneuver then repeatedly RAMMED Broadsides until my vehicle stops running.

I guess I'd be contributing to funeral processions.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:48 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Z View Post
Hey, how ya doing, NJBest?

Well they let Al Capone and his Cronies drive and even carry machine guns. If someone takes a shot at me, they'd better take me out on ONE, cause after that they get the Pit Maneuver then repeatedly RAMMED Broadsides until my vehicle stops running.

I guess I'd be contributing to funeral processions.
Lol... Another keyboard ninja!

Old 02-16-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Lol... Another keyboard ninja!
Oh no, I'm serious. Just coming home tonight I got into a big car chase. Someone turned in front of me at a stop sign then didn't accelerate fast enough. I came up on his A$$ then whipped into the oncoming traffic lane and went around him. He didn't like that very well, so he accelerated and the chase was on! He then put his Brights on me and tailgated me as we exceeded the speed limit for about 8 miles, at which time I slammed on my brakes and made a sharp left turn.

He was caught off guard by the move and careened onto the shoulder. We both then slammed on the brakes and threw our vehicles into reverse. I headed straight for his driver's side door, and he actually spun his truck around and started backing towards me.

We both stopped inches from crashing our vehicles and he got out and started running after me. Seeing as he was a well-built 20-something guy with a hammer in hand, and I'm a middle-aged guy recovering from a heart-attack, I opted to wait until just before he was to break my car's window and drove off. He tried to follow, but my car was too fast for him to catch up and I made a few turns and lost him.

Things would have turned out different if I was in my 4x4.

My license plates are "Privatized" so he cannot find out where I live from them--a lesson I learned three decades ago after having my house windows shot out two days after running someone into the ditch.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:06 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
I still cant figure out what Santa ringing a bell, has to do with funeral processions.

I never want to be in that big of a hurry, or that cold hearted that this would be a problem for me. The last FP I saw was about 3 months ago. I let them pass of course. It was a overcast day driving through the country side of rolling hills, cows and horses. I sat and even turned off my radio and thought of their loved one and the pain they were all going through. It made me think of my lost loved ones and how I am still grieving.

I didn't have one thought of where I had to be, or the minutes lost. How could I ever feel that having respect & empathy for others, and remembering my loved ones as wasted time? Around here they still put the deceased pictures/obits on store counters. Its a sweet and respectful thing to do, imo. I bet the OP would gripe that he has to look at the deceased pictures while he's trying to buy his big gulp or cup of coffee.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:40 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I still say 'GPS," especially if people would have the sense to do it via coordinates or "share my location," it works far better that way vs using a manually entered address. Still, I could reasonably consider what you're proposing. As long as they don't cause some awful mess that creates traffic jams, I'm OK with them.
Do you know how many people still don't have GPS in their vehicles and also do not have cell phones with an internet connection? It's especially true of older people WHO ARE THE MOST LIKELY TO GO TO FUNERALS.

Also, has it occurred to you that many people who are on the way to a burial are often experiencing terrible grief? Often not in their right minds. They'd be better off not driving at all but if they do at least they can be offered some sensible help that will make the highways safer for all concerned.

Sorry if this means you get where you are going five minutes late ... how many times a year? Two? Three?

Old 02-16-2016, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 738 times
I don't agree at all with the OPs over the top hysterics and hyperbole fueled words, but at essence I agree with what he's saying.

It's certainly a sweet thing to show kindness to a hurting person, but it can be done in other ways as well. The people who pull over, that's sweet, but he's not really hurting anyone by not pulling over and it is his time to spend however he wishes. Neither he nor anyone else should be coerced into it, even if it is arguably selfish of him. Don't be an entitled type, sure, but I don't see where carrying on as one was by itself makes one that. The article did make a valid, if cold, point questioning whether it's fair that all of society is obligated to interrupt their life going to work and so on on account of one's pain, real though that pain is.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:48 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
I have run people off the road and into the ditch simply for not using their turn signal when changing lanes in front of me if it caused me to let up on my gas pedal in the slightest! My RAGE goes up exponentially from their for bigger (slow down) infractions.
Why would anyone do that? Why is there a need to get upset because someone else made a mistake? I have known people that get all upset because someone may have cut them off. They spend the day at work upset over this. They can only think about this all day that they have been wronged. I am betting that the person who made the mistake, the one in the wrong, is not even bothered by it. They are living their life not dwelling on it. The upset person on the other hand has wasted a work day dwelling on something that was a simple mistake. Nearly every one of these situations causes no damage or harm. Most damage in these situations is caused by some hot head that was offended by an obvious mistake. These hot heads just can not find the ability to forgive anyone of a simple and non life threatening mistake. Some times they cause damage and harm to another by running them into a ditch.

Think about what you wrote. You were held up for a few seconds because they did not use a blinker. At the same time you did stop or slow down for them. If they had used s blinker you would have been fine with it? Either way you stopped. Nothing to get upset about.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:59 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Oh no, I'm serious. Just coming home tonight I got into a big car chase. Someone turned in front of me at a stop sign then didn't accelerate fast enough. I came up on his A$$ then whipped into the oncoming traffic lane and went around him. He didn't like that very well, so he accelerated and the chase was on! He then put his Brights on me and tailgated me as we exceeded the speed limit for about 8 miles, at which time I slammed on my brakes and made a sharp left turn.

He was caught off guard by the move and careened onto the shoulder. We both then slammed on the brakes and threw our vehicles into reverse. I headed straight for his driver's side door, and he actually spun his truck around and started backing towards me.

We both stopped inches from crashing our vehicles and he got out and started running after me. Seeing as he was a well-built 20-something guy with a hammer in hand, and I'm a middle-aged guy recovering from a heart-attack, I opted to wait until just before he was to break my car's window and drove off. He tried to follow, but my car was too fast for him to catch up and I made a few turns and lost him.

Things would have turned out different if I was in my 4x4.

My license plates are "Privatized" so he cannot find out where I live from them--a lesson I learned three decades ago after having my house windows shot out two days after running someone into the ditch.
Life is too short to get upset at other peoples mistakes. The happy thing is that people that live the kind of life you live chances are will live much a much shorter life. Why increase stress when we can let live and assist others. You are a prime candidate for another heart attack. I am 50 years old and living an amazing life with so much more to live for. I plan on living a long and productive happy life. No reason to get upset at others. I make plenty of my own mistakes to be worried about another persons mistakes. I have never seen the need to get upset at something that did not harm me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive