Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:33 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
The place in the world that I went to was that I went outside the box because I looked at his post that stated what was important:
Look at the topic of the thread. Asking for advice for a small sports car, not a small commuter car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 01:56 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,304,779 times
What we love about the Sky Redline:

Styling: Wife has always loved the Sky look since it first came out. I have to agree with her.
Performance: 2 litre, aluminum block/heads, very high tech and tremendous performance for its displacement, plus easy upgrades to 290HP/340 PF Torque!
"Rareness": In SW FL there are miatas on every corner...
Fun to driveness: hard to not have a big smile on your face while tooling around. SOunds great too!

Old 02-24-2016, 02:52 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
I should of added this before I forget. The 1.6 liter has a shorter crank shaft & they would break if the pervious owner didn't take care of them they did tend to break. Check it to see if it's tight if it's not don't buy it get the 1.8 liter. Also the 1.8 had more power & was a BIT more relaxed 5th gear.
Good luck I am jealous! Want to get one at some point.

Miata Crankshafts

Last edited by reed067; 02-24-2016 at 04:11 PM..

Old 02-24-2016, 03:33 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
NC's are the heaviest, and imo the least attractive gen of Miata.
I think people will take another look at the NCs after a certain amount of time.

I was thinking about getting one, because used prices are almost the same for a good NB...as the NAs and NBs are going for a bit of a premium where I live, while NC's are still shunned.

Lowered a bit (not slammed) with some aggressive tires, and they look pretty good.

Plus they are kinda rare modded, at least more so than the NAs and NBs. Once you can find NCs for $500 then all the brotatos will want to pick one up.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:11 PM

5,210 posts, read 6,147,251 times
I have had a Miata, Z3 and two Z4's and because of the twins now a 95 BMW M3.

With that said, the one that really knocked my socks off was the early model Z3......hands down it kept a grin on my face. It was pure sports car for that entry level.

The early Z3's can still be worked on and the community is quite large....(forums) although parts are high and if you can't wrench on it the BMW dealer will send you to the poor house unless you have an independent guy.

The Miata as mentioned in quite a few posts is one of the most reliable cars you can put your hands on and it is very easy to find a used one in great shape. They have been consistently well made dependable vehicles and there is quite a large community out there that love these cars and repairs will not break you.

I would go with the Miata if you want the simplicity of a good reliable sports car that you can pick up with out breaking the bank.

Good luck

Old 02-24-2016, 06:27 PM

6 posts, read 5,320 times
And another big round of "thank you"s. Big help!
I will definitely test drive some Miatas and maybe the solsticelso and the 350Z, even though it is a different kind of car. I do like the size (I see them everywhere around here) and the style. But I already feel the Miata will be the one. It may be my least favorite car from the outside (compared to all the options), BUT inner beauty is important too, and it is pretty enough for right now - until I have enough money to get the real deal... ;-P

Thanks!

[quote=SOON2BNSURPRISE;43127492]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AramisM View Post
Hey guys!

I am currently looking for a new car and... I need professional help.
I'll try to make it as structured as possible:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AramisM View Post

Before I comment I think I should include my rates. I prefer to make $125 an hour for consultation work. How do you intend to pay?
Do you accept paypal?

Old 02-24-2016, 06:33 PM

183 posts, read 270,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
A $5000 Miata is a better car then a $10000 S2k
only if you are 50 yeard old mom or a hipster

Old 02-24-2016, 07:47 PM

98 posts, read 115,114 times
Have you considered an Audi TT as well?

Old 02-25-2016, 01:50 AM

158 posts, read 305,818 times
The 350z is a great car but what you get for 10,000 might not be so great... it's hard to find a used 350z at any price that's not been thrashed to within an inch of its life.
I've driven mine, an 04 convertible, from here (Los Angeles) to central Florida and back, Austin TX, Salt Lake City many times, Omaha NE, literally everywhere and currently sit with 153000 miles on the clock... I've never seen the check engine light in the entire time I've owned it, 4 years... I've just kept up on Regular maintenance, went through plenty of tires but have never been left stranded anywhere...I've not even experienced a misfire, it's been the absolute best car I've owned... The 370z is definitely NOT a better car, especially for the extra $$$ you pay for it and the marginal performance increase from the 350z, especially the 07, 08 HR Z's and the 370s looks just aren't as sporty and tough as the 350s imo.
The 350z is definitely not a comfortable ride by any stretch but it is very torquey and a blast in the canyons.
Really, the biggest obstacle (at any price point) is finding one that hasn't been beaten to death.
Good luck!

Old 02-25-2016, 02:43 AM

6 posts, read 5,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhooker View Post
Have you considered an Audi TT as well?
I do love Audi and the TT as well, but haven't really considered it, just because I thought that a decent Audi TT might not be within my budget. I've also heard that parts for German brands are usually more expensive in the US (not sure if that's 100% correct, PS: I am actually from Germany originally).

Thanks Robou! Very interesting. I will most likely not use my car outside of LA anyway (maybe short trips like San Diego, Big bear max.). But the "beaten to death is a good point. Especially since I can't really judge if a car is well treated or not (it's insides) when I test drive it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive