Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 08:55 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,602,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Tailgate me and you could wind up like the guy in the earlier video
Again, get out of the way and problem solved. Some people just want to be jerks and deliberately drive slow. I see it all the time. As soon as another lane opens up, they speed up, because they can no longer block you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 08:55 AM

899 posts, read 1,016,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Here in America drivers feel that they can ride in the left lane because they're traveling at the speed limit or slightly above.
America will be America, and Germany will be Germany (yes, I've driven on the Autobahn - was consistently doing 120 in a mk2 GTI and people were still blowing by me ).

Old 03-11-2016, 08:56 AM

711 posts, read 933,941 times
One of the most unusual and humorous things I have seen occured on the arrogant roads in Florida. The rotten tailgater was practically glued to the bumper of the car ahead of him. As the two came to a halt at a stop sign the man in front who reminded me of a Schwartzenegger type got out of his car with what appeared to be a kids baseball bat. He relieved the tailgaters car of the headlights then challenged the driver with the bat to get out so he could deal with him also.
I don't approve of road rage but there needs to be a course of corrective action found to deal with these highway harassers.
Don't expect the police to deal with this problem--they would be more apt to correct the rage of the correcter. I have seen the police drive right by serious and uncivil driving practices and pretend they aren't there.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:59 AM

899 posts, read 1,016,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
Don't expect the police to deal with this problem--they would be more apt to correct the rage of the correcter. I have seen the police drive right by serious and uncivil driving practices and pretend they aren't there.
I don't have a problem with this

Old 03-11-2016, 08:59 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,042,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I hope the brake checker gets tossed in jail for that. Noticed they moved right after causing the wreck.
Hell, no. He should get a medal and a ticker-tape parade. I’m not even sure what he could be charged with. More then likely he was traveling the speed limit, so he can’t be charged with impeding traffic. There is nothing wrong with tapping your brakes to slow down. It’s not like he was deliberately slamming on his brakes to cause a crash. He was just trying to get the idiot off his bumper.

As for him moving right, he was passing slower traffic in the right lane, and once he was past those vehicles, he moved over. If the tailgater had been patient, he would have then had an empty lane in front of him, instead of being wrecked in the ditch.

The accident was 100% the fault of the road rage tailgater. Karma took care of that.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:01 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Get out of my way and I won't tailgate you. Problem solved.
This is asinine.
Sometimes there's nowhere to go.
You know...traffic?

The passing lane is for passing and I adhere to that strictly, but I can only go as fast as the guy in front of me.

People like you shouldn't be allowed to drive until they get their hormones and egos under control.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:20 AM

711 posts, read 933,941 times
I might add that along with the credentials to carry arms----obviously personality and attitude should be part of the requirements. I know of no effective way to do this.

It is well know that many of the armed motorists do so to protect themselves from retaliation due to their own arrogant and harmful behavior.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:24 AM

10,578 posts, read 7,793,544 times
I empathize with those who are uncomfortable in heavy, high speed traffic where tailgating abounds, and have no way out.

Inadequate and poorly maintained roads, lack of quality public transportation,
aggressive asshats in a rush to go nowhere: It's a toxic brew.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:25 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,535,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Again, get out of the way and problem solved. Some people just want to be jerks and deliberately drive slow. I see it all the time. As soon as another lane opens up, they speed up, because they can no longer block you.
Well sometimes they can't. If you don't know this and you still tailgate you're just being an aggressive idiot who should be taking the bus instead

Old 03-11-2016, 09:30 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,535,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
I might add that along with the credentials to carry arms----obviously personality and attitude should be part of the requirements. I know of no effective way to do this.

It is well know that many of the armed motorists do so to protect themselves from retaliation due to their own arrogant and harmful behavior.
Seems to me that tailgaters and the most agressive drivers are the more likely to carry a firearm. That's why even though the story about the smashing headlights out is cool and justified since too many cops won't do **** I would not have done that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive