Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 07:46 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,724,259 times

Advertisements

Hi, can sort if take a sigh of relief. Traded my lease in with the scratches and minor damage. However, the back bumper is held up by glue so there is no tape holding it and looks normal.

The dealership they'll take the car and buff it out. I am like in my head, but the bumper is coming off. They pulled a car fax on the car. I reported the accident with the bumper to the cop's and insurance agency so not sure why the dealer didn't question anything.

At the end when all paperwork is signed they said Toyota would send a bill if any additional damage is found.

Was it wrong of me not to let them know about the bumper? Is that fraud? I just don't want any legal issues with Toyota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 08:05 AM

3,380 posts, read 9,219,575 times
Yes. You already know the answer.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:06 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,151,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hi, can sort if take a sigh of relief. Traded my lease in with the scratches and minor damage. However, the back bumper is held up by glue so there is no tape holding it and looks normal.

The dealership they'll take the car and buff it out. I am like in my head, but the bumper is coming off. They pulled a car fax on the car. I reported the accident with the bumper to the cop's and insurance agency so not sure why the dealer didn't question anything.

At the end when all paperwork is signed they said Toyota would send a bill if any additional damage is found.

Was it wrong of me not to let them know about the bumper? Is that fraud? I just don't want any legal issues with Toyota.

Do car dealers care when they sell you that same car in return with a bumper falling off if you dont notice it?
Will they even tell you about a cars history when selling to you?

Dont feel bad, as that same car will be on the lot in 1-2 weeks with the bumper held by glue and the salesman wont say crap as the person is signing on the doted line, if they dont notice it either.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:07 AM

15,152 posts, read 27,834,458 times
Obviously, OP KNOWS he/she was wrong.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:29 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,593,272 times
You won't have any legal issues. Toyota will do their own inspection and Bill you for excess damage. That's all.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:38 AM

256 posts, read 454,186 times
I would be expecting a bill anytime. You should have let them know and perhaps due to the report etc, they may have worked a deal with you. Sometimes dealerships are willing to help figure and make things right.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:45 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,730,632 times
Another reason I have never been a big fan of Vehicle Leasing, RunD, however, I do believe you agreed (aka: "fine print") to reveal any and all damage to the vehicle at the time of Lease Termination.

If CarFax doesn't have a record (not very likely and very easily checked / researched) and Toyota doesn't catch it, you are probably "off the hook" but I would not bet on that happening for a few months or so.

Good Luck.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:12 AM

I don't mind paying any damage found. Worried if TFS comes after me legally, ha.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:17 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,593,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I don't mind paying any damage found. Worried if TFS comes after me legally, ha.
This is not a legal issue. There's nothing to worry about.

When leasing, you're allowed some damage. Any excess damage outside of what they are willing to waive will be billed to you. That's it. It's not your job to disclose all damages. Its their job to do an inspection and find any and all damages that occurred while the vehicle was in your possession. Some they'll catch and some they won't. Its the nature of the business.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
This is not a legal issue. There's nothing to worry about.

When leasing, you're allowed some damage. Any excess damage outside of what they are willing to waive will be billed to you. That's it. It's not your job to disclose all damages. Its their job to do an inspection and find any and all damages that occurred while the vehicle was in your possession. Some they'll catch and some they won't. Its the nature of the business.
Sweet appreciate the reassurance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive