Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 06:58 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times

Advertisements

It's not the car per se.

It's when people get a Porsche or something, and then immediately proceed to bully all the Fords and Hondas on the road. lol

But in any event, my parents usually had BMWs and Lexus SUVs for everyday use. Low-key, but nice.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 04-14-2016 at 07:09 PM..

Old 04-14-2016, 07:06 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I do not know about that. Some people are just douchebags.

Very considerate...
Ah...my parents pulled stunts like that whenever they drove their weekend cars (not going to say what). It was pretty embarrassing, especially when bystanders gave us "really now?!" looks. I think this is why my husband and I live like monks and refuse to even get a car. Any display of wealth just makes me cringe now.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:11 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Buy and drive whatever the hell you want. What effect does it really have on your life what others think??

Old 04-14-2016, 09:45 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,601,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Truthfully I label drivers douchebags not their cars. The vehicle is simply the container that encapsulates the douchebag. But as far as pretentious Ahole douchebag I vote Prius drivers. I think they automatically staple a few Aholes to your body upon receiving the keys, just to make sure they covered all the bases
I'll second that. The correlation between being an a-hat holding up traffic in the left hand lane and a Toyota symbol on the rear is pretty uncanny.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:02 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,032 times
One of my girlfriends years ago had a Pink and Lavender Rolls Royce.. I used to drive it.. Did I get strange looks?? YES.. Did people make comments?? YES they did.. Did I care??? Hell No.. I was driving a Rolls Royce..better than anything they were driving.....

Old 04-15-2016, 05:49 AM

17,316 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
One of my girlfriends years ago had a Pink and Lavender Rolls Royce.. I used to drive it.. Did I get strange looks?? YES.. Did people make comments?? YES they did.. Did I care??? Hell No.. I was driving a Rolls Royce..better than anything they were driving.....
I'd tell everyone I invented Pepto Bismal!

Old 04-15-2016, 07:41 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmbpmp View Post
A proper one like the Mulsanne? Or the re-badged VW Phaeton?

The VW Phaeton is just an Audi A8 with a lousy service department.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:27 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Think about it - even people in the hood judge each other on what they drive and so they soup it up or bling it out. It's unavoidable regardless of income.

Just buy what you like - and I hope you can explain why you like it other than a badge. Some people might consider a Z4 to be a girly car, but damn that thing seems fun to drive. I've driven an F10 M5 w/ comp pkg and while it goes like hell, it was a bit on the heavy side.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:59 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Sorta curious. We had a post while back here when someone said "you'll drive a Porsche and then you look like a rich douche bag".

So what should a wealthy person drive then to NOT look like a douche? Yet, still have it "appropriate"?

I don't think simply because you drive an expensive car it makes you a "douche"

But there are cars on the road where I'm sorry but makes me judge the driver as an idiot. I know it's not fair and that person and I could possibly be the best of friends...but here are a few of my ideas.

Honda Crosstour--this car is so offensive and ugly that I have a hard time not hating the person driving it. How could anyone think these things are acceptable? They are beyond ugly. AMC Pacers are less ugly.

Jeep Cherokees--here's another unfair judgement on my part. But it seems in my experience it's so rare to find a courteous driver in one of these. They are almost always tailgating me, not using blinkers, texting and driving and just being all around idiots. Again, very unfair on my part. Maybe they are angry that they couldn't afford a Tahoe or Suburban, I don't know. Because the drivers of those? Same story. Seem so aggressive and discourteous. Always exceptions of course.

The expensive car drivers..the Mercs, high end BMW's, high end Audi's, Porches..they usually are pretty good drivers. Very rarely have a problem with those guys.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:07 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't think simply because you drive an expensive car it makes you a "douche"

But there are cars on the road where I'm sorry but makes me judge the driver as an idiot. I know it's not fair and that person and I could possibly be the best of friends...but here are a few of my ideas.

Honda Crosstour--this car is so offensive and ugly that I have a hard time not hating the person driving it. How could anyone think these things are acceptable? They are beyond ugly. AMC Pacers are less ugly.

Jeep Cherokees--here's another unfair judgement on my part. But it seems in my experience it's so rare to find a courteous driver in one of these. They are almost always tailgating me, not using blinkers, texting and driving and just being all around idiots. Again, very unfair on my part. Maybe they are angry that they couldn't afford a Tahoe or Suburban, I don't know. Because the drivers of those? Same story. Seem so aggressive and discourteous. Always exceptions of course.

The expensive car drivers..the Mercs, high end BMW's, high end Audi's, Porches..they usually are pretty good drivers. Very rarely have a problem with those guys.
Let's not forget people who drive the newer Mustangs.... We all know what they are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive