Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 06:31 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
ah, not quite. My 15 sv sedan, in very good condition, with 7000 miles trades in at about $8500 according to KBB. How's that for real world experience?

What's wrong with those numbers? They're good. I know it's only one year old, but, what did ya pay for your 2015 Nissan Versa SV sedan, theedgeoflight?

I find over $9,000 at KBB for a 2015 Versa SV sedan.

Condition also makes a difference.

My last two trade-ins (Both Chevrolets) I got more then the high KBB trade in. Condition makes a big difference. Each was excellent like new. My Chevrolet trade-ins never entered the used car lot. Did not require any "detailing". My Chevrolet trade-ins were sold before entering the used lot and sold the next day. I checked the dealerships web site. Not there. Then I later asked the salesman to verify.

Condition makes a world of difference in trade-in value for some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 07:29 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I've seen better deals in slightly used Civics, like this one with only 25k miles.....

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=164771095

It would be a much better and enjoyable car in the long run.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:14 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
One small drawback to the Nissan Versa sedan is it's light overall weight - apparently winds on the highway tend ta blow the subcompact car around a tad. The jury's out with me on that potential drawback...not really sure it's a big enough deal to strike a negative mark on the car for. I don't think so - but it's all good data ta draw on. I read what must have been hundreds of owner comments on Nissan Versa's on kbb.com. There appears ta be a lot to like with both the Nissan Versa Note and the sedan. I remain interested and want more people ta respond. YouTube videos from owners, especially this one I watched from a guy living in Las Vegas, are very, very positive about the sedan. I do like the Versa Note, too, I just favor the sedan for ownership. Keep on adding ta this thread, people, I am really enjoying the car talk on city-data.
That has nothing to with the weight, it has to do with its aerodynamics and suspension. What this means is the car's suspension is really soft and the car is having lift from the air pushing under neath the car and not having any downforce pressure. This is why having a rear lip spoiler can help keep the car planted when its windy.

I have a car much lighter than the Versa with a full trunk spoiler and I don't have the problem with wind, my car is very aerodynamic.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:44 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
This Nissan Versa S sedan 5-speed owner calls the complaints about the Nissan Versa sedan being blown about on the freeway bogus and untrue. Here's his review of the Nissan subcompact. I know about the aerodynamics effect, vision33r, I am familiar with the need for spoilers in that regard. I'm just interested in owner feedback, like this guy on his YouTube review, and anyone else who has driven this car on the freeway enough to get a viewpoint on this favorite complaint with this car.

https://youtu.be/JBN_uaR_yIc

Old 02-06-2017, 10:34 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
I just had a Versa Note as a rental. Worst heater ever! I drove 55 miles. It took 20 miles for the interior to warm up. At the end of my 55 mile drive, the side windows were still totally iced over and the windshield finally cleared up as I arrived. The vehicle itself just had a feeling of cheapness to it.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:03 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
I just had a Versa Note as a rental. Worst heater ever! I drove 55 miles. It took 20 miles for the interior to warm up. At the end of my 55 mile drive, the side windows were still totally iced over and the windshield finally cleared up as I arrived. The vehicle itself just had a feeling of cheapness to it.

All the above means is that AlaskaErik's rental car agency doesn't keep up on their car's repairs and maintenance. That type of thing would normally go out under the Nissan Warranty period, which, IIRC, for a heater, would be the bumper-ta-bumper Nissan new car Warranty...3 years and 36,000 miles. Very unlikely that pup would fail after that period of time. I've been buying and selling new cars for 22 years now.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:50 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post

Yup. It's almost impossible to get the interior of a Versa warm below zero. Now, during a MN winter I warm my Versa a good twenty minutes, in the morning, before I can even get one bar on the engine temp gauge. It's a cold little SOB.

I suspect the cooling system is geared to keep the CVT cool in the summer to prevent failures rather than to keep occupants toasty warm in the winter. Heat is a CVT's worst enemy.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:16 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeoflight View Post
Yup. It's almost impossible to get the interior of a Versa warm below zero. Now, during a MN winter I warm my Versa a good twenty minutes, in the morning, before I can even get one bar on the engine temp gauge. It's a cold little SOB.
If under warranty, why not just take back to dealership?

If not under warranty just replace the thermostat?

Old 02-07-2017, 03:43 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
I had a 2010 Nissan Versa for a year and a half. I traded it in because it had a much higher fatality rate than most similar vehicles per the IHS report. It was comfortable and otherwise good while I had it. The A/C was noticeably less effective than other cars I've had.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:00 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
If under warranty, why not just take back to dealership?

If not under warranty just replace the thermostat?
Maybe the Versa Alaska Erick had also had a defective thermostat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive