Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 09:54 AM

239 posts, read 255,571 times

Advertisements

My 2015 Jeep Renegade has been at the dealership for two weeks waiting on a new radiator fan.

The Jeep is still under warranty, so Jeep will be taking care of the issue, but it seems like I won't have my car for another 2+ months since the part is on backorder.

Is this terms for a lemon law case? I know Florida states that if a car is in a repair shop for 15 consecutive days, I may be able to open a lemon case, but don't know if it applies to a backordered piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 10:53 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
Tell them to get you a rental car and they are paying. 2 months to get a radiator fan?
No way. Call them and tell them to do a national search. I just looked online and can have one delivered in two days. Either their parts department is full retard or they are feeding you a line of crap

Old 09-15-2017, 11:03 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
2 months for a radiator fan? That is ridiculous. Make them pay for a rental if they insist on 2 months. At my local Toyota dealership, they give a rental for warranty repairs longer than 3 hours.

I believe the Lemon law only protects you against the same repair over and over again.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Tell them to get you a rental car and they are paying. 2 months to get a radiator fan?
No way. Call them and tell them to do a national search. I just looked online and can have one delivered in two days. Either their parts department is full retard or they are feeding you a line of crap
the part is on national backorder.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:31 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,421,697 times
Lemon Laws in most places are very strict. It has to be a recurring problem, they must be given the opportunity to fix it, etc. Highly doubtful this falls under the Lemon Law. They are probably obligated to provide you with a loaner, however.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:34 AM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
OP have you/dealer tried any of these places...
https://www.google.com/search?source...k1.EBkUU-rRQJw

Lemon law is for same problem over and over at least 3 times in a certain period of time, not backordered parts.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
OP have you/dealer tried any of these places...
https://www.google.com/search?source...k1.EBkUU-rRQJw

Lemon law is for same problem over and over at least 3 times in a certain period of time, not backordered parts.
those are for the 1.4L engine. I have the 2.4L engine.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Lemon Laws in most places are very strict. It has to be a recurring problem, they must be given the opportunity to fix it, etc. Highly doubtful this falls under the Lemon Law. They are probably obligated to provide you with a loaner, however.

according to Florida laws:

If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times.

or

If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:42 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,680,057 times
Attorney time - there are attorneys that specialize in these kinds of cases & they do very well at it. You'll have more luck with a buyback with one of them versus on your own. Most buyback cases aren't technically based on lemon law, they're based on magnuson-moss.

And yes, you do have a case with backordered parts.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Attorney time - there are attorneys that specialize in these kinds of cases & they do very well at it. You'll have more luck with a buyback with one of them versus on your own. Most buyback cases aren't technically based on lemon law, they're based on magnuson-moss.

And yes, you do have a case with backordered parts.
so you think I should go ahead with the case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive