Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 11:51 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I was alongside a Lotus Evora in traffic and did not know what it was at that instance. When describing the vehicle I was asked why did I not take a photo. Had me thinking of how the driver of the other car would react if they saw me taking a pic of their car.

How would you react? Not an event like the track or a show but in traffic etc when out and about.
I have anxiety sometimes, so I might have a bit of "Truman syndrome" for a time, but I'd get over it eventually. If it was someone I knew personally, I'd just laugh it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 11:59 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7C View Post
If using a phone to take a pic, you could get a cell phone ticket. Then comes the hassle of fighting it in court and/or paying the huge fine.

Just go to web images to show someone else what one looks like.

I do not use a cell phone. Did not know it was a lotus. For some reason it was debadged except for the evora lettering. I recall the custom plate.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
I was alongside a Lotus Evora in traffic and did not know what it was at that instance. When describing the vehicle I was asked why did I not take a photo. Had me thinking of how the driver of the other car would react if they saw me taking a pic of their car.

How would you react? Not an event like the track or a show but in traffic etc when out and about.
I just ordered a Lamborghini Gallardo.. I'm fully expecting people to take pictures of the car, and probably me driving it..

especially given the vehicle wrap thats on the car

Old 01-31-2017, 08:24 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:

Most people take it as a compliment.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:42 AM

455 posts, read 597,946 times
As a past time, I take photos of Camrys with corner bumper dents. In my opinion, those drivers should be publicly shamed for their lack of driving ability

Old 02-01-2017, 10:40 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
I would only care if you were driving.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:47 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:

As long as they hadn't stolen it, I don't think the driver would be alarmed or surprised at someone taking their picture.

If anything, they're probably used to it and may have even given you a proud smile and a thumbs up or wave of the hand.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:15 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,290,389 times
I work in the auto industry. At my last job we used to get media fleet vehicles that we could take home overnight or on the weekend. They would generally be the same exact cars you see on websites and in automotive magazine for reviews. Most of the time we would get things that were pretty vanilla, a Toyota Camry, Kia Sorrento, etc. Sometimes though we would get awesome high performance vehicles, like an Audi R8 or the like.

When driving the high performance vehicles I would sometimes see people taking my photo at red lights. I always found it a bit unnerving, but I understood why they were doing it.

A funny side note, right before I left that job I took a loaded M-Benz S-Class home for the night. That same night a mortgage officer was stopping by my house so I could sign the papers on a refinance deal. She commented on it being a beautiful car in the driveway. I thought it was pretty funny that I was refinancing a $90k mortgage with a $140k car sitting in the driveway. With access to my income information she had to have known it wasn't my vehicle, but I just left it a mystery to her.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:49 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,486 times
Someone got really salty when he said I "stole" "his spot" in a parking lot and I replied that there are no assigned or reserved spaces in this lot, he made an offhand remark about how it would be a shame if anything happened to my new car so I took a picture of his face and his license plate number.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:51 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,656,817 times
Quote:

Learn to smile. I just sold a car that had people even at dealerships and gas stations run out and take pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive