Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 09:04 PM

77 posts, read 201,576 times

Advertisements

Are there any owners of the infiniti qx60 here? I am considering purchasing a 2014 CPO but reviews about transmission problems are making me nervous. I really like the car inside and out otherwise. It's got over 30k miles..I don't know if the original owner had any problems or even had the transmission replaced which I"m reading is/was a common thing for that year. I guess i could ask if the transmission had to be replaced. And if it was, i'm not sure if it's necessarily a good or bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 05:45 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,929,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytimes703 View Post
Are there any owners of the infiniti qx60 here? I am considering purchasing a 2014 CPO but reviews about transmission problems are making me nervous. I really like the car inside and out otherwise. It's got over 30k miles..I don't know if the original owner had any problems or even had the transmission replaced which I"m reading is/was a common thing for that year. I guess i could ask if the transmission had to be replaced. And if it was, i'm not sure if it's necessarily a good or bad thing.

I have a 2014 QX60 since new in August 2014. I opted not to wait for the 2015 model at the time. It has about 30K miles on it. No problem with the transmission. The issue with the CVT transmission is usually on the JX35 and Pathfinder. I am on the QX forum (usually dead over there) but not much reported in term of 2014+ CVT transmission problem. I did get the extended warranty because I was slightly concern about the trans.

The only issue I've experienced so far is the malfunction passenger airbag warning lights. I have been waiting a few months for the parts (supposedly back ordered). I have collision avoidance option on the car so the brakes does tend to wear out faster (probably a combination of that and the vehicle being so heavy). This is probably one of the first car I've ever own that the rear brakes wore faster than the front.
I just changed all four pads on it a few weeks ago.

The CPO you are looking at is probably an off lease. Not sure where you read problem about the QX60 transmission for 2014. The JX35, on the other hand had issue with the trans.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:49 AM

77 posts, read 201,576 times
The problems are at the qx60 owners forum, edmunds, and while they may not mention the transmission problem specifically, sources like JD power and consumer reports have below average ratings for reliability.

I did get the service history on this vehicle and based on it decided not to purchase it. it was at the shop for shuddering issues multiple times, they wound up replacing some transmission parts or the entire transmission itself, and there were some smaller issues.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:52 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Argh. Good luck with this vehicle. I want to like it but I just cant. My wife wants one to replace her G but I,just dont like the whole FWD based CVT setup. It just isnt a "real" Infiniti to me. Hesring about provlems with the CVT on the older ones doesnt really suprise me but i hope they have solved it with the newer ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive