Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 PM

3,135 posts, read 2,259,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
It's not a truck it's a unibody front wheel wantabe pickup it's not even in the same class as the big3 pickups.
Nor was it ever intended to be in the same class as the big 3 pickups. Why is that so hard for people to understand? The Ridgeline was designed as a multi purpose vehicle that offered many of the same advantages as a car or SUV due to the unibody construction, and a few of the utility attributes of a pickup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 10:19 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know that besides Jeep, the American automakers are way crappier off-roaders than German and Japanese and even RR?

AND they can't even figure out a way to create something that gives you awesome off-road and towing capability while still giving you excellent performance, handling, luxury, and power.

Who is "they"? The big three? If so, I'd have to strongly disagree with that, and I do agree with most of your posts, Stan4. Any of the big three, equipped with a diesel, will haul and tow tremendous loads with ~900 lbs of torque. Get the fancied-up models and you'll be cruising in comfort and style. For 14 of the last 16 years our main driver/highway cruiser was an F250 PSD. My wife loved riding in it, because it was roomy, put us up above most traffic for great visibility, and it was very comfortable.

For off-roading the F250 was great, as was the F250 before it. I haven't driven any German vehicles off-road, but the Ford would do anything my old Toyota pickup would do, and it would carry more people and gear while doing it.

My son traded his year-old Cadillac Escalade for an F150 a couple years ago (and has since traded that one for a 2017 F150). He and his wife both like the ride better than what they had with the Escalade and even better than their mid-sized BMW.

He just bought his daughter an F150 for college. I suggested an F250, as she'll be towing her horse with her (studying "horsemanship"), but he loves the F150s and thinks it'll be plenty.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:50 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Who is "they"? The big three? If so, I'd have to strongly disagree with that, and I do agree with most of your posts, Stan4. Any of the big three, equipped with a diesel, will haul and tow tremendous loads with ~900 lbs of torque. Get the fancied-up models and you'll be cruising in comfort and style. For 14 of the last 16 years our main driver/highway cruiser was an F250 PSD. My wife loved riding in it, because it was roomy, put us up above most traffic for great visibility, and it was very comfortable.

For off-roading the F250 was great, as was the F250 before it. I haven't driven any German vehicles off-road, but the Ford would do anything my old Toyota pickup would do, and it would carry more people and gear while doing it.

My son traded his year-old Cadillac Escalade for an F150 a couple years ago (and has since traded that one for a 2017 F150). He and his wife both like the ride better than what they had with the Escalade and even better than their mid-sized BMW.

He just bought his daughter an F150 for college. I suggested an F250, as she'll be towing her horse with her (studying "horsemanship"), but he loves the F150s and thinks it'll be plenty.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.
I did not mean to imply that they couldn't tow things.
I was saying that besides being great off-road, the other SUVs/trucks could also still be luxurious and work-horses.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:33 AM

564 posts, read 449,067 times
Hang on. Word is, inventory is high, sales down. Prices to drop.

Only so many silly enough to pay 60k for a pickup.

Isn't Ford bringing the Ranger back?

Old 07-20-2017, 03:02 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,664,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
They know they can't compete with the American automakers when it comes to pickups. How many people would take a Mercedes out in the woods 4 wheeling.
The X-class is a working truck priced to compete with other working trucks. A big part of the reason is production locations in Spain and Argentina; the chicken tax will make it prohibitively expensive to sell in the U.S.*

Read more:*Mercedes-Benz X-Class pickup previewed ahead of global debut | Autoweek

Old 07-20-2017, 05:54 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,423,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Hang on. Word is, inventory is high, sales down. Prices to drop.

Only so many silly enough to pay 60k for a pickup.

Isn't Ford bringing the Ranger back?
Yes Ford is bringing back the Ranger back in 2018, it won't be like the old Ranger though.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
The X-class is a working truck priced to compete with other working trucks. A big part of the reason is production locations in Spain and Argentina; the chicken tax will make it prohibitively expensive to sell in the U.S.*

Read more:*Mercedes-Benz X-Class pickup previewed ahead of global debut | Autoweek
Looks like it would need a tow bar in the front so a Ford F-250 can pull it out of the mountain trails. Looks to close to the ground, sorry dose not look like a work truck to me now this is a 4x4 pickup.

Attachment 187828

Last edited by easy62; 10-09-2019 at 07:08 PM..

Old 07-20-2017, 08:57 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,791,538 times
Ridgeline?

Hyndai was looking at making a fwd mid size truck let.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:58 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,791,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Ridgeline is a 4 door - 5 Passenger. I specified 2 door. Nor does it get anywhere close to 30 MPG.
Weld the back doors. Problem solved.

Anything getting 30mpg won't be able to haul anything.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Weld the back doors. Problem solved.

Anything getting 30mpg won't be able to haul anything.
Yes it can haul styrofoam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive