Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:33 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times

Advertisements

There is a super clean 2005 Crown Vic on CL with one big difference. It has a floor shifter with bucket seats. Every CV I have seen had a column shifter. I am telling you it's transformative. Gone is the grandpa image. Was it an option?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 08:41 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Yes, it might have/could have been an available option, but I would guess it is an aftermarket shift kit and seats.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:18 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,595,835 times
It was in the Crown Victoria LX Sport trim that was offered for a few years. The Mercury Marauder had the same setup, but the CV LX Sport did not have the Marauder's engine.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:16 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
There is a super clean 2005 Crown Vic on CL with one big difference. It has a floor shifter with bucket seats. Every CV I have seen had a column shifter. I am telling you it's transformative. Gone is the grandpa image. Was it an option?
That was the LX Sport trim offered from 2002 - 2006. And, I agree, it transforms the cars image and feel. I looked for one myself for years, but never ran across the right the right combo of color, condition, price, etc.

I had a '95 Crown Vic for 11 years and then a '95 Lincoln Town Car for a year - both very problematic, with problems common to that platform. They're great cars when new and for the first 10 - 15 years, but they become nightmares of accessory failure as they age. The engines generally remain fundamentally solid longer, but are nonetheless subject to issues with EGR/Idle Air Control that can be a major headache and even strand you without warning. My Town Car did several times and depleted my patience with it.

Much as I love them when fully functional and reliable, I finally had to let go of the idea of continuing into to the future with a panther platform. I would have bought a new one in a heartbeat if I could. But since that option is long gone, I did lots of research and settled on a new Hyundai Sonata - with console and floor shifter. It has a manual sport shift mode that blows away anything the Crown Vic ever had. And the Sonata is much faster with it's standard 2.4L 4. I like it a lot more than I thought I ever would.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:59 PM

929 posts, read 2,722,039 times
The LX Sport also had the upgraded suspension and dual exhaust.
Very cool car .

Old 08-07-2017, 04:04 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Actually it just had front and rear swaybars like the P71 and Marauder does. It also came with special alloy 5spokes, dual exhaust.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:17 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
That was the LX Sport trim offered from 2002 - 2006. And, I agree, it transforms the cars image and feel. I looked for one myself for years, but never ran across the right the right combo of color, condition, price, etc.

I had a '95 Crown Vic for 11 years and then a '95 Lincoln Town Car for a year - both very problematic, with problems common to that platform. They're great cars when new and for the first 10 - 15 years, but they become nightmares of accessory failure as they age. The engines generally remain fundamentally solid longer, but are nonetheless subject to issues with EGR/Idle Air Control that can be a major headache and even strand you without warning. My Town Car did several times and depleted my patience with it.

Much as I love them when fully functional and reliable, I finally had to let go of the idea of continuing into to the future with a panther platform. I would have bought a new one in a heartbeat if I could. But since that option is long gone, I did lots of research and settled on a new Hyundai Sonata - with console and floor shifter. It has a manual sport shift mode that blows away anything the Crown Vic ever had. And the Sonata is much faster with it's standard 2.4L 4. I like it a lot more than I thought I ever would.
I have a 10 year old hot hatch, but it's beginning to wear on me with the amount of maintenance it needs since it has so many miles. Just random annoying things, but it just seems like right as I fix one problem, another starts creeping up.

I guess that's what I get for commuting my "fun car". Next time I'm going to get something low mileage and just drive it occasionally, and not 120 miles round trip for months on end.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:55 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Interesting. Owned a 2001 P71 CVPI, I miss it dearly. Never new any panther platform vehicles ever came with a manual option.

I spent years on all the Crown Victoria and Marauder websites from 2001 - 2009ish, several folks did custom mods to add a shifter. Looked pretty sweet.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:44 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Interesting. Owned a 2001 P71 CVPI, I miss it dearly. Never new any panther platform vehicles ever came with a manual option.

I spent years on all the Crown Victoria and Marauder websites from 2001 - 2009ish, several folks did custom mods to add a shifter. Looked pretty sweet.
It wasn't a manual option. Just a floor shifter instead of column on the 4-speed OD automatic.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,826 times
Ive got a 03 crown vic lx sport with the floor shifter but my cable snapped and now im having trouble finding the replacement any help would be greatly appreciated... email me at [email]robecker@gmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive