Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 04:54 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,488,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
So all girls are tall to him, therefore he stays in a constant state of embarssment.

I just thought you were referencing the length of their fuse before they exploded.

Oh, to stay on topic in deference to the Mods:

Road rage is a daily thing with me. I see questionable driving moves daily and just rage at the car seat next to me. Wouldn't do any good raging at the other driver. If they thought they were doing something ridiculous, they wouldn't have done it.

Today I was at a stop sign, about 3 cars back. Guy coming from the right stops and waves a driver with a left directional flashing out before he made his turn. The driver never bothered to move or acknowledge the polite guy giving them the opportunity to turn. Bet you could guess what the problem was? The driver at the stop in front of me was looking down at their cell phone. I really wanted to lay down on the horn, but I was afraid the cell phone fool would just mash on the gas and run into someone out of instinct or reflex.

Yes, the passenger seat of my car was the recipient of another bout of my private road rage.

I'm always safe raging at the seat, fairly good odds it won't slap, punch, stab or shoot me in retaliation.
I recently went to a ball game with one of my best friends. I've known him for decades, he has driven before on golf and ski trips. But I have never seen him behind the wheel in real traffic. It was entertaining, anyone who dared to change lanes into ours or hold up traffic by turning left was treated as if it was a personal assault to his manhood. I could not believe how upset he got at people who really weren't doing anything wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 07:27 AM

14,276 posts, read 14,815,877 times
I was involved in one. It got nasty, ugly, and costly. I learned my lesson.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:10 AM

29 posts, read 33,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I have never experienced anything like that. But I generally drive in such away as to not **** off other drivers. It's pretty rare that anyone even beeps their horn at me.
Same here. I try to dive defensively and get out of the way of aggressive driving idiots.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:29 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,022,373 times
Once when I was in college and was driving home to see my family. We were on a one lane (each way) road in bumper to bumper traffic. It was a busy time in the afternoon and that road tended to get back up at one of the stop lights. The truck in front of me kept brake checking me. We were at a crawling speed so I didn't much notice because he would speed up just a slight bit and slow down and then right before he stopped would hit his brakes real hard. I honestly thought maybe something was wrong with his brakes because the bed of his truck would bounce every time he did it. Finally after about 4-5 times of doing this he got out of his truck (while traffic was stopped at the light) and came up to my window (to which I thought he was going to ask me about his brakes lol) and started yelling profanities at me and threatened me because I was driving too close to him. I promptly apologized and he got back in his truck and all was fine after. He must have been having a bad day becuase I didn't think I was all that close to him and it was one lane bumper to bumper stop and go traffic.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:45 AM

24,455 posts, read 23,140,757 times
I just watched a hilarious one on Youtube. Its in Los Angeles and this guy in a gold sedan is revving his engine and pushing this white sedan in front of him at an intersection. His airbag was deployed and he must have hit the car in front. So he keeps revving and pushing and the car in front doesn't budge. Then he backs up and hits the car. Then he backs up and hits a car behind him and then really plows into the white cars rear end. He's completely crazy. Then he backs up, pulls out sideswipes the white car and runs a red light. The cops said he hit more parked cars and his car was disabled and on fire when they arrested him. Multiple felony charges. He had quite a crowd gathered watching him.
Had I been there I'd have tried to flatten his tires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive