Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 09:00 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times

Advertisements

Ok guys and gals heres one for you with the fast cars, such as hot rods, muscle cars old and new, fast exotics, etc... You know, cars that are suppose to be fast.

I drive the same roads to and from work, regardless if I'm in my truck or my Mustang. I see pretty much the same cars each time, each day. I drive the same speeds, make the same turns, take the same exits. I have noticed though, that when I am in my Mustang, that the same people I pass in my truck, tend to speed up and try to,for lack of abetter term, "race" with me, or in some cases let me pass, then speed by me. HAd one guy Friday, who has one of those new Exploreres, that I often pass, ride my tail for 1/2 mile, flashing his lights like he wanted me to race. Ill bet you Monday, Ill pass him, in my truck.

Do any of you guys see this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 09:10 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,381,724 times
A Ford Explorer is faster than a Mustang II from the 70s.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:25 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Your point? Or do you not have one and just trying to sway the subject off topic?

Old 09-17-2017, 10:20 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,519,218 times
Yep, ever since I took delivery of my ATS-V

The best one was Mr. BMW who I clearly heard miss a shift
once he got it together he passed me like I was standing
still, only to catch up with him again about five miles down the
road chatting with the DPS.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:23 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post

I think I can peddle faster on my bike.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:07 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,233,399 times
Mustang drivers are generally jerks and get treated as such lol.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:57 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
Actually, the opposite. Most of the time at a red light in my Challenger, next to another muscle car or exotic, they are still barely through that intersection when I reach the next light. I have "beaten" Ferraris, Camaros, Mustangs and even a Lamborghini that way. The only time I was egged on was on a deserted highway at night when a hemi Ram pickup pulled up next to me and verbally challenged me. I couldn't resist so I took off and whooped him but then slowed down when I hit 80 in the interest of safety and not getting a big fat ticket.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
i ignore people like that, and just work around them.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:05 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,142,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Ok guys and gals heres one for you with the fast cars, such as hot rods, muscle cars old and new, fast exotics, etc... You know, cars that are suppose to be fast.

I drive the same roads to and from work, regardless if I'm in my truck or my Mustang. I see pretty much the same cars each time, each day. I drive the same speeds, make the same turns, take the same exits. I have noticed though, that when I am in my Mustang, that the same people I pass in my truck, tend to speed up and try to,for lack of abetter term, "race" with me, or in some cases let me pass, then speed by me. HAd one guy Friday, who has one of those new Exploreres, that I often pass, ride my tail for 1/2 mile, flashing his lights like he wanted me to race. Ill bet you Monday, Ill pass him, in my truck.

Do any of you guys see this?
Of course, sometimes daily, always weekly. Attitude calls to like.

I drive a Guards Red Porsche 911, with factory ground effects, skirts, and wing: Aerokit Cup. I figure: red car, black center lock wheels, 2" lower than most 911s from the factory, why not? It gets lots of looks, from contempt to lust I'd say about equally split. I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion, it's my car and I tracked it down pretty specifically and did the deal.

It screams "attitude," which I have o'plenty. Just read two thousand something other posts to C-D by me . It also suggests "fast" which is half-true: at 430hp, normally aspirated, it winds up fast and like a fiend but it ain't got the torque of a Turbo or those V8 monstrosities like Mustang GT, Cobra, or other muscle.

So...big nuts 5.0 and etc. roll up on me, like as not I'll get an engine rev if there is opportunity for a jump-off. Other day was me doing-same to a Maserati Quattroporte or whatever they call latest sedan. He burned it out of there, I kept my car in park and sat for three seconds at the green light since I was so amused I'd "goaded" him into it. Those Maserati's have a Ferrari-designed c. 4.7 liter V8 that is pretty cool, last I checked. It sure sounded cool winding up and drawing away.

Pick your battles, per Sun Tsu's Art of War.

Alright, ego stroke time: here it is. Wouldn't you roll up on me and see what's what, Mustang boy?

Old 09-17-2017, 03:47 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,421 times
NO one,repeat NO ONE has the fastest street car. Way to many variables. Light to light, Open road, road course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive