Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:01 AM

296 posts, read 439,086 times

Advertisements

Guys - I need some insights from car enthusiasts and others who've dealt with these two brands

I have similar offers (out of the door costs $24k) on two vehicles

2013 Cadillac Certified ATS with low miles and 2015 Buick Regal non-certified (turbo engine) with low miles

I cannot decide which one to go for. I have two other vehicles clouding my thoughts - 2014 Buick Lacrosses similar mileage (one is certified one isn't) for about $25k and $27k out of the door respectively.

I was only hoping to spend $20k+government costs (tax/tag etc) so definitely do not want to go higher than 24k unless there is a notable reason to pick up one of those lacrosses

Cadillac guy isn't willing to negotiate at all (which I'm really surprised about. Generally dealers are very amenable to negotiation, atleast somewhat)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 10:26 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,528,353 times
If you don't want to spend above 24,000 on a car then cross of the Lacrosse unless you really want/need a big car.

I like this dealer's website because they offer you a very low price online so it is easy to determine if you are getting a good deal or not.

Duncansville Used Car Dealer | Blue Knob Auto Sales Used Car Dealership serving Altoona, Ebensburg, Huntingdon and Hollidaysburg

And they have a few Regals in stock too.

Last edited by robrobrob; 05-31-2016 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-31-2016, 02:16 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,062 times
I would pick the Regal, even though I'm partial to Cadillacs. The Regal has more back seat room, whereas the ATS seems to have an unusable back seat.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:49 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,198,645 times
That's a tough call. I would avoid the 3.6 engine as it has had a history of timing chain problems. I think the 2.4 possibly had a timing chain issue as well. That would rule out the 2014 Lacrosse for me. I would possibly go with the Regal with the 2.0 turbo. This engine was on Ward's best engine list for 2013, but it sounds like it has it's own issues. None of them sound like very good options. The ATS had the 2.5 and I would probably be okay with a 2.5 in the ATS (first choice). Second, would be the Regal with the 2.0.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:50 PM

296 posts, read 439,086 times
Thanks guys - leaning towards the Cadillac too.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
OP, which car feels better to you? i assume that you have driven both, and likely one impressed you more than the other. i would say get the one you like best of the two.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:55 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times
What trim and engine in the ATS?

Honestly, I would be leaning heavily towards the Regal among all these, from an "enthusiasts" point of view. Unless the ATS has the magnetic ride suspension (most around don't), then I would not touch the thing if I was at all interested in a good or sporty ride. The standard suspension to me crashes on bumps, while wallowing in turns, and is one of the worst driving cars meant to appeal to someone with some sporty intensions I have driven in some time.

The Lacrosse is a comfortable car, but it too is not going to have any sporty feel either. Since your asking enthusiasts, my guess is you want some sporty feel.

I would go Regal turbo all day long in this field assuming no magnetic ride on the ATS.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:12 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,763,235 times
Which one goes better with your walker and will allow you to fit your cane with the least amount of difficulty?

Old 06-01-2016, 10:16 AM

772 posts, read 934,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
Which one goes better with your walker and will allow you to fit your cane with the least amount of difficulty?

Between the ATS and Regal, I think I'd choose the Regal. Buick has been consistently ranked higher than Cadillac when it comes to reliability, and I know a few people who had CTSV's before and we always having to take them in. That's not the same car as the ATS obviously, but if their higher end cars are always in the shop, what does that say about the reliability expected from a lesser offering?

Old 06-01-2016, 10:46 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post

Between the ATS and Regal, I think I'd choose the Regal. Buick has been consistently ranked higher than Cadillac when it comes to reliability, and I know a few people who had CTSV's before and we always having to take them in. That's not the same car as the ATS obviously, but if their higher end cars are always in the shop, what does that say about the reliability expected from a lesser offering?

Cadillacs lower ratings in things like JD Power surveys are most likely a result of the CUE infotainment system. It's not like Buick is fielding different engines than Cadillac these days. CTS aside, as they had a lot of diff issues on those... and you don't need to worry about pesky RWD over at Buick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive