Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2018, 06:52 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times

Advertisements

Perhaps covered previously. Looking a reliable add on blind spot detection to my current vehicle Toyota 4Runner. Any suggestions appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 08:16 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,590,182 times
Good luck with that. It requires two radar units and it's integrated into the Driver Information Center and the exterior mirrors. You might as well buy a new vehicle that comes with it. Your best bet for your 4Runner is a three inch convex mirror on each exterior mirror. About $4 at your local auto parts store.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:31 AM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Yep. Nothing beats convex mirrors. Simple and functional. Or, you can go fancy and buy passenger side convex factory mirror glass for same car for GB or Australia. And then replace your flat one on the driver side with it.
I could never find any good sense in dem blinking lights and buzzers called blind spot detection. Mirror is mirror.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:03 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
This is the only add on that I have seen so far that works independently of the car's computer. It needs to be installed by a professional shop, but would work well for a vehicle not equipped with a blind spot detection system.

Blind Spot Detection System #BSDS-003016 - GOSHERS

I have considered one for one of my vehicles, but have to talk to the expert tech to be sure it will not be too problematic of an install.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-14-2018, 11:24 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
There are plenty to choose from under $100 on aliexpress/eBay .
https://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?...ot+detection#/

Heck that Goshers unit looks like they just bought some of these and mark them up.

Install videos on YouTube. Some you have to cut holes in the bumper.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:20 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Well I must say that is disappointing.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:04 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
There are plenty to choose from under $100 on aliexpress/eBay .
https://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?...ot+detection#/

Heck that Goshers unit looks like they just bought some of these and mark them up.

Install videos on YouTube. Some you have to cut holes in the bumper.
The only issue I have with ordering internationally is a lack of customer support. If the Goshers system has customer support, since it's a California company, either directly or through dealers/installers that's easier to deal with than just ordering parts myself.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-14-2018, 10:53 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
The only issue I have with ordering internationally is a lack of customer support. If the Goshers system has customer support, since it's a California company, either directly or through dealers/installers that's easier to deal with than just ordering parts myself.
Agree to a certain point. But that’s well beyond this case where you could order 4 of them for the same price. That’s plenty to cover an install snafu and have spare parts to last a couple decades. Also frankly despite the sometimes sad attempt at English from aliexpress vendors the few times I’ve contacted them they were very helpful with a quick turnaround on questions as they either are the manufacturer or have a much closer connection to them than some company in CA.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:23 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Yep. Nothing beats convex mirrors. Simple and functional. Or, you can go fancy and buy passenger side convex factory mirror glass for same car for GB or Australia. And then replace your flat one on the driver side with it.
I could never find any good sense in dem blinking lights and buzzers called blind spot detection. Mirror is mirror.
Blinking lights and buzzers are for those who don't actually CHECK their mirrors...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive