Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 04:27 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,913,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I agree wearing anything that might inhibit your view especially in a critical time when something quick happens like someone cuts you off or an animal running out and you need to swerve etc ... is not a good idea.
It sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

I remember a stupid thing that the young guys used to do. They would put their seat way back and drive around like that with no back support. Do they still do that?
Yep.. its a hood thing more now then ever. honestly not being racist about it. Just common to see more young thugs doing it now then ever. Old reason is so they can do drive by without somebody seeing who the drivers are. I lean my seat back but not so far back it makes me look like im laying down in the back seat.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:28 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
And turn their necks.
Yes, exactly. I can't people are now criticizing the clothing worn by other drivers. Why not keep your eyes on the road and stop peering into other cars. I never notice what other drivers are wearing. I hope this isn't some coded language to insult Black drivers.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:29 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Why is it half the states require wearing a helmet while driving a motorcycle, but it is illegal in all states to wear one while driving a car?

It's everbody's right to be stupid, although many people abuse the privilege.
Hmm. I didn't know that. I always thought that if I were to get a dune buggy, I would drive it year round and use a hot suit (a suit with electric heating built in that could be plugged into a cigarette lighter) and wear a helmet.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:42 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Yes, exactly. I can't people are now criticizing the clothing worn by other drivers. Why not keep your eyes on the road and stop peering into other cars. I never notice what other drivers are wearing. I hope this isn't some coded language to insult Black drivers.
You can always hope, but I doubt you'd be right about that. As the post below gave it away... It's all about being a thug! Just an extension of all the other blind racism we see whenever someone sees a brown kid in a hoodie. Sick. Makes me wonder about the millionaire STEM professionals I know (of all sex and races) who wore hoodies at work frequently. I guess they are thugs too - I'm glad I retired before I would have had to turn myself in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Yep.. its a hood thing more now then ever. honestly not being racist about it. Just common to see more young thugs doing it now then ever. Old reason is so they can do drive by without somebody seeing who the drivers are. I lean my seat back but not so far back it makes me look like im laying down in the back seat.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 01-26-2018 at 05:03 PM..

Old 01-26-2018, 04:49 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
"The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."- Thompson v Smith 154 SE 579.

And from constitutional law:
"Personal liberty largely consists of the Right of locomotion -- to go where and when one pleases -- only so far restrained as the Rights of others may make it necessary for the welfare of all other citizens. The Right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, by horse drawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but the common Right which he has under his Right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Under this Constitutional guarantee one may, therefore, under normal conditions, travel at his inclination along the public highways or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither interfering with nor disturbing another's Rights, he will be protected, not only in his person, but in his safe conduct."
II Am.Jur. (1st) Constitutional Law, Sect.329, p.1135

Though I agree with the sentiment about hoodies.
What you've posted has been widely discredited. The only folks who believe this nonsense are members of fringe wacko groups like Sovereign Citizens. These groups have put your theory to the test dozens of times and lose in court every single time.

https://www.snopes.com/supreme-court...s-unnecessary/

Old 01-26-2018, 05:48 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,343,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Why is it half the states require wearing a helmet while driving a motorcycle, but it is illegal in all states to wear one while driving a car?
I also thought that it was amazing that you also have to wear a helmet if you're driving a 3 wheeler but not a 4 wheeled convertible with the top down.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
You can always hope, but I doubt you'd be right about that. As the post below gave it away... It's all about being a thug! Just an extension of all the other blind racism we see whenever someone sees a brown kid in a hoodie. Sick. Makes me wonder about the millionaire STEM professionals I know (of all sex and races) who wore hoodies at work frequently. I guess they are thugs too - I'm glad I retired before I would have had to turn myself in..
wow. back up the bus. Huge difference in wearing them as designed vs trying to hide your face from "pigs" Cops or anybody else for that matter, and laying down in the back seat. I know alot of people just like you do who wears them to work and they do so in a common fashionable way..

Old 01-26-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
I also thought that it was amazing that you also have to wear a helmet if you're driving a 3 wheeler but not a 4 wheeled convertible with the top down.
i actually wonder how they test crash those cars for roll overs. I bet they fail or least meet min guide lines for road safety.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
I wear a hoodie while driving all the time when it's cold out. I'm not going to take my hoodie off just to drive. You do know that the hood on a hoodie can be taken down and sit below your neck, right? I'd rather just remove the hood than the entire hoodie. It's a bit ridiculous to have everyone remove hoodies to drive.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:26 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Keep your eyes front and center, on the road ahead, and you won't notice what the guy next to you is wearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive