Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 09:24 AM

11,143 posts, read 9,782,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Right, but by saying they are useless, I meant most drivers don't need or use them. They should be optional like tow bar.
So called faux roof rails.....On my 2018 car they were optional. I initially wanted them, but DH said we can always get them later if we need them, our other car has rails/crossbars and we'll use that car if we need the roof rack. So I didn't pay for them, and they were never installed. It's just that they may be standard in some trim packages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 09:27 AM

10,915 posts, read 7,417,733 times
Ugh, auto door locking at 10 mph. I tried to disable it on my last Honda, followed the directions in the manual, nothing changed. Took it to the dealer, they couldn't figure it out. Learned to live with it.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:38 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,969,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Not my current car, but I had a Grand Voyager with a feature that would automatically lock the doors when you would reach a certain speed (I think it was 15 mph). I thought it was fine but my wife didn't like it because much of the time it resulted in the passenger door being locked when she was wanting to get in, so I disabled it.

I still thought it was a pretty good feature, especially in a car marketed mainly to people who were using it to haul kids.
Making her jump in a moving car? That’s bold!

Old 12-16-2018, 10:57 AM

35,124 posts, read 17,080,545 times
The family of Toyota Entune Apps. Totally annoying and can screw up all audio, including radio. Love the new 2018 Camry; hate Entune.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:08 AM

13,664 posts, read 9,736,948 times
Most modern electronic features perturb me, even if one has to reluctantly acknowledge that they're there for regulatory reasons, environmental compliance, or just market-demands. And by "modern" I mean anything over the past 50 years, with a few exceptions, such as transistorized ignition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Hand brake. In both stick and auto, I can't recall ever using it, except in highly unusual situations. But there are times when they ere essential.
This is actually one of my favorites. I on occasion pull the parking brake to induce oversteer, to bring the rear end around. How will this be done, once conventional lever-and-cable parking brakes are replaced by a button and servo-motor?

Old 12-16-2018, 11:46 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,599,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
You mean Eco mode on your car? It's not just a light.

I'm talking about the light, not the mode. The light comes on when you're getting good mileage and turns off when you step on it. However, I never use eco mode either. Or the sport mode.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I don't use the heated seats. And unless I'm outside working at some sort of event and freezing, I probably wouldn't.

I *do* love the heated mirrors. Scraping mirrors is a royal pain. And I'm so glad to have a sunroof again after 15 years of not having one.

The dumbest car is the 3 rear headrests. They got pulled out the first month and will live in the house for as long as I own the car. That's all I could see in the rearview mirror.

My truck is temporarily outside right now. The first thing I do is turn on the seat heat and steering wheel heat. I paid for them and I'd be stupid to not use them this time of the year. Besides, they feel so good when it's freezing outside.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
stop/start. loud, wake the dead honk when locking the door with the fob. lock button on fob that gives the truck that wake the dead honk when you turn the key (touching the button) to start.

Go to driver settings in the DIC and turn them off. It should all be explained in the owner's manual. The only one you can't change is stop/start. But the market will take care of that soon enough by providing a means to permanently disable it.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Not my current car, but I had a Grand Voyager with a feature that would automatically lock the doors when you would reach a certain speed (I think it was 15 mph). I thought it was fine but my wife didn't like it because much of the time it resulted in the passenger door being locked when she was wanting to get in, so I disabled it.

I still thought it was a pretty good feature, especially in a car marketed mainly to people who were using it to haul kids.

Your wife was getting in when vehicle speed was over 15 mph?!

Old 12-16-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Cruise control. Last time I used it was driving across I 80 last summer. I never use it, honestly. For a very long stretch of hi way with limited merging traffic, it has its use. But how hard is it to maintain and pay attention to your speed?

When you have a 100 mile stop and go drive in SoCal during rush hour you would come to appreciate adaptive cruise control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive