Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:53 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times

Advertisements

Some folks just turn them around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 09:05 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Most cars you can just pull the headrest out if you do not want the protection it offers. Changing the headrest out will likely eliminate the protection it gives you anyway. That is why they made them lean forward. They were not working because your head would go right over them, and because your head would snap back to the headrest and cause injury to your neck.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:12 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,739,837 times
Who drives with their head against the headrest? That's just weird. It's not a pillow no matter if they call it a 'rest' or not. Also, most cars have headrests with fore and aft adjustments to take a look.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:48 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
You understand that the automakers only have so much seat height to play with they can’t make a seat for every different height person out there.
Understand that perfectly. My Mustang sits, and is much lower than my Enclave, yet I am able to adjust the headrest enough in my Mustang so its not an issue for me, and cant in my Enclave. At least one automaker can do it!

Old 02-15-2019, 10:29 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Understand that perfectly. My Mustang sits, and is much lower than my Enclave, yet I am able to adjust the headrest enough in my Mustang so its not an issue for me, and cant in my Enclave. At least one automaker can do it!
I'll take a pic of my Ranger this weekend so you can see how they screwed up with that one! The Focus ones don't bother me as much, although I did remove the 3 backseat ones pretty quick.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:38 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I'll take a pic of my Ranger this weekend so you can see how they screwed up with that one! The Focus ones don't bother me as much, although I did remove the 3 backseat ones pretty quick.
You know you can pull up the headrest and install it the other way, and it shouldnt bother you anymore.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:00 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times
I was just complaining about this while riding in a car last week. I finally had to lean the seat back more than I normally would to get the damn head rest to stop pushing my head forward. I was actually causing my neck to bother me and give me a headache.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:30 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You know you can pull up the headrest and install it the other way, and it shouldnt bother you anymore.

Ha, I tried that! I noticed in my new Forester that the headrest was tilted forward, and hit my head, so I thought that was an installation mistake, and I yanked the front seat headrests out and put them in "the right way," which of course was backwards! I realized then that they would offer no protection at all, and weren't even "comfortable." So I tried to put them back, but couldn't get them out of the holes, because the little notches on the posts had caught. Had to make the Subaru service department put them back. That was embarrassing--but they said it happened all the time! The position is not great; I'm short, so it pushes my head down if I lean back even the slightest bit, and I can't wear my wide-brimmed hats while driving. But I'm putting up with it for safety's sake, and I wear a ball cap instead....

Old 02-15-2019, 12:02 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Who drives with their head against the headrest? That's just weird. It's not a pillow no matter if they call it a 'rest' or not. Also, most cars have headrests with fore and aft adjustments to take a look.
The forward tilt will many times have your head on the rest when you're sitting straight.

No, they don't.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:32 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,739,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Ha, I tried that! I noticed in my new Forester that the headrest was tilted forward, and hit my head, so I thought that was an installation mistake, and I yanked the front seat headrests out and put them in "the right way," which of course was backwards! I realized then that they would offer no protection at all, and weren't even "comfortable." So I tried to put them back, but couldn't get them out of the holes, because the little notches on the posts had caught. Had to make the Subaru service department put them back. That was embarrassing--but they said it happened all the time! The position is not great; I'm short, so it pushes my head down if I lean back even the slightest bit, and I can't wear my wide-brimmed hats while driving. But I'm putting up with it for safety's sake, and I wear a ball cap instead....
The tilt of Forester head rests can be easily adjusted. Just pull forward from the top of the headrest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive