Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 12:53 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

You need to find out why the Kia was uncomfortable, because you may not solve that problem with the new car, especially if it is the same class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 01:53 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
My choices would be... (not necessarily in this order)

1)Toyota Highlander
2)Lexus RX350
3)Buick Enclave
4)GMC Acadia

Old 04-27-2019, 02:55 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Highly recommend the Toyota 4Runner. It has the room you want, is comfortable on long trips, and will last a long time. They hold their value extremely well too.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:30 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Those cars both depreciate like a stone. They're the kind of car you'd want to lease but it's unlikely you'd get good lease terms since they depreciate so quickly.

Short wheelbase compact crossovers are not the kind of car that is going to be comfortable on 600 mile drives. My girlfriend drives a very low miles Volvo S80 she bought used at a Mercedes dealership after it had already gone though the enormous depreciation hit. You should be able to buy an off lease luxury sedan for less money than an MKC or an X1. The market is flooded with them since so many are leased so they're often an excellent deal (other than Lexus which holds value better).
Who cares. Get the new Lincoln.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:32 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You need to find out why the Kia was uncomfortable, because you may not solve that problem with the new car, especially if it is the same class.
Nonsense. The KIA isn't a quality car. You only live once---buy something you'll enjoy driving and being seen in.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:39 PM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times
In SUVs, I'd look at the Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-5 and Honda CR-V... and you might just want to wait for the all-new 2020 Subaru Outback that's coming out at the end of the year which may give more of a car-like ride with plenty of cargo space... and when you try out the all-new Outback, you might also try the all-new 2020 Ford Escape, which is being made even more car-like I understand, but retains a big cargo area.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:24 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I need an suv type for the cargo room to hold the crate for my cat when I travel, yes need a small dog crate as my cat is a Maine Coon and they are big
A Maine coon cat tops out at about 25 pounds. That’s the back seat of a sedan.

If you want a luxury crossover that is comfortable on long drives, I’d start with the Lexus RX 350 even if it was a few years old as a CPO.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:50 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Nonsense. The KIA isn't a quality car. You only live once---buy something you'll enjoy driving and being seen in.
???

I was referring to the OP saying the Kia was uncomfortable...and I suggested the OP find out exactly why it was uncomfortable before they go jumping to another car, because that car may have the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
A Maine coon cat tops out at about 25 pounds. That’s the back seat of a sedan.

If you want a luxury crossover that is comfortable on long drives, I’d start with the Lexus RX 350 even if it was a few years old as a CPO.
Yea, but the OP puts it in a crate, which may not fit in the sedan.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:51 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,932,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
When my lease is up looking for a different car, I currently lease a Kia Sportage, thanks to hubbies choosing.
The car is ok but it's not comfortable on long drives of over 600 miles. Glad it's leased and not locked into a loan.

I've kind of narrowed it down to two, a Lincoln MKC or BMW X1, not yet sure if I will lease or buy.

Any input on the pros or cons of each is most welcome.
If comfort is your top priority then the MKC will be the better choice here. Lincoln designs their vehicles for comfort and quiet, where BMW is more on the sporty end of things so the vehicles ride firmer.

But you should test drive both vehicles yourself and then you'll know which one you like better.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:55 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,932,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
BTW, as far as the Lincoln MKC, the Ford Escape is the exact same car, same parts, but $10 grand cheaper at every trim.
That's a false statement.....they share platforms, they do not have the same parts.

Same goes for Honda to Acura, Toyota to Lexus, Nissan to Infiniti, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive