Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 12:10 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,456,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
You can get as salty and defensive as you want but I'm not the only poster on here who totally disagrees with you.

Also, using punctuation, proper capitalization, spellcheck, and less profanity will make you seem erudite and not like an old crank longing for "the good old days".
I guess you just don’t get it, keep on wishing for your compact pickup but don’t hold your breath, just because a few like them that’s not enough for the American automakers to bring them back. I was behind the new Ram 3500 dully yesterday that had the manufacture license plate on it they were checking it out on the road right off the assembly line one beautiful pickup. How many full-size pickups you see on the road that should tell you something about what most people want.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:13 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,786 posts, read 58,271,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
VW sells a nice looking mid size light duty truck in Europe and Africa based on the Atlas. Not sure about the reliability long term, nor the capacities, but I have seen the basic trim models being used for hard work around construction sites.
And non-USA (NA) VW pickups will have a TDI option...

Old 06-05-2019, 12:15 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,145,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
You can get as salty and defensive as you want but I'm not the only poster on here who totally disagrees with you.

Also, using punctuation, proper capitalization, spellcheck, and less profanity will make you seem erudite and not like an old crank longing for "the good old days".
I can always get a full understanding of why the Detroit 3 is always in trouble after taking the time deciphering easy's posts!

People stop me quite often offering to buy my old 1993 Nissan Hardbody pickup. People want a truck to work with and haul stuff but don't want to have to put a lot of gas in the gas hogs ALL truck manufacturers are spewing out today.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
... I was behind the new Ram 3500 dully (Dually) yesterday ....
Oh to just have a WC or WM...(through 1971) (Early Power Wagon). No need for 'swept-line' and plastics for my work duty needs.. (I can transplant my own 6bt's).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Power_Wagon

or... join the wait-list @ https://www.legacyclassictrucks.com/

Old 06-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I can always get a full understanding of why the Detroit 3 is always in trouble after deciphering easy's posts!
To bad the Detroit 3 are doing great again, in fact so good FCA opening a new assembly plant in Detroit going to make a new 3 row Grang Cherokee Jeep and another SUV.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:21 PM

19,081 posts, read 14,035,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I guess you just don’t get it, keep on wishing for your compact pickup but don’t hold your breath, just because a few like them that’s not enough for the American automakers to bring them back. I was behind the new Ram 3500 dully yesterday that had the manufacture license plate on it they were checking it out on the road right off the assembly line one beautiful pickup. How many full-size pickups you see on the road that should tell you something about what most people want.
You subtly change the goal posts every time you’re challenged on this topic.

In this one above it’s “American manufacturers”. In the last, directed at me, it was “when the price isn’t what you expected.”

Hey at least you’re accepting that small trucks are in fact coming back, that’s a start.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-05-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You subtly change the goal posts every time you’re challenged on this topic.

In this one above it’s “American manufacturers”. In the last, directed at me, it was “when the price isn’t what you expected.”

Hey at least you’re accepting that small trucks are in fact coming back, that’s a start.
Let me know when they come back because they are not going to make them here and the new tariff will make them to expensive to import to the USA. I’m just a guy who loves full-size pickups and laughs at these compact pickup wannabes. That’s ok at least you can fit one of those compact pickups in the bed of a real full-size pickup when it breaks down lol lol.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Detroit (and USA) need to get a few clues... (it's a different market out there...in the REAL 'small pickup' world)

https://www.unav.edu/web/global-affa...ncy-strategies

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=34266539

Of course there is more profit margin in jamming $50k plastic and carpeted 'pretend' trucks down the consumer's throat, but... there are still a bunch of us who prefer to turn the powerwasher on the interior of our work trucks as soon as the first thaw allows.

You like plastic trucks?... Lego has some...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm5SKt4NrkQ

And even a 'pretend' Toyota pickup for gamers!
https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Insurgent_Pick-Up

Surely a 3D printed version is available too.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:04 PM

19,081 posts, read 14,035,845 times
I figured you were just a fanboy rather than truly analyzing market forces as you profess to be doing all the time. You just haven't admitted it until now.

You love big trucks, that's awesome. I actually do as well, but one would not fit my lifestyle right now. The difference between us is you have a strange desire to crush all others to your will. Myself and others see that there is most definitely a market for small trucks and are happy that they are about to start returning.

Don't worry Napoleon, we won't be begging them to stop producing your manhood prover. You big truck fits just fine into my world view as well.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-05-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I figured you were just a fanboy rather than truly analyzing market forces as you profess to be doing all the time. You just haven't admitted it until now.

You love big trucks, that's awesome. I actually do as well, but one would not fit my lifestyle right now. The difference between us is you have a strange desire to crush all others to your will. Myself and others see that there is most definitely a market for small trucks and are happy that they are about to start returning.

Don't worry Napoleon, we won't be begging them to stop producing your manhood prover. You big truck fits just fine into my world view as well.
I’m just stating facts if compact pickups were so popular why did people stop buying them. If people bought them then they would still be making them but the fact is that people weren’t buying them and that’s why they quit making them. So we’re were all you compact pickup truck lovers at when they still made the Old Ranger and S-10 why didn’t more of you compact truck lovers keep buying them.its simple people were not buying them so why build something that doesn’t sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive