Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 06:21 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
June 28, 2019 - Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation to receive $2.7 million from the auction of the final seventh-generation Chevrolet Corvette at Barrett-Jackson Northeast Auction at Mohegan Sun today. This winning bid – for a black Z06 model – breaks the Barrett-Jackson record for an automaker-donated vehicle.

“This is going to vibrate across America,” said Frank Siller, chairman and CEO of the Stephen Siller Foundation. “This donation will build at least five homes for our catastrophically-injured veterans to give them their independence and a better quality of life.”

For the past five years, GM has supported the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation as its national foundation of choice. In that time, it has helped the foundation raise more than $10 million.
Full story: https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Medi...vette-auction/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 08:34 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I think the ushering in of the mid engine Corvette will be a disaster for GM.
We corvette owners are enthused about seeing the new mid engine, but like all new fads, the desire will quickly fade.
Obviously there will be some who buy it, but for the real corvette enthusiast, I believe most will pass on getting one.

This reminds me of the "last production" cadillac convertible in 1976.

The one's being sold by dealers, and private owners for the next year, made big bucks thinking they were the "last".
Well Gm re-introduced another convertible a few years later, and the value of those caddy convertibles dropped like a lead anchor.

Last edited by CALGUY; 06-29-2019 at 08:46 PM..

Old 06-29-2019, 11:09 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
I think the exact opposite. A mid engine will propel the Vette into supercar territory. I think they will sell like literal hot cakes. Sure some purists will poo poo the idea but I think it’s a long awaited change.
There isn’t much more that can do with a front engine RWD platform. Sure some minor improvements but other than that it’s at the top of its performance. Sure they can add more hp but it won’t handle or put the power to the ground much better

Old 06-29-2019, 11:26 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
You certainly have a right to your opinion, but price alone will discourage most from not getting on the C8 bandwagon.
I say it will be a fad that will fade quickly.

Bob.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:03 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Ferrari seems to do just fine with a front engine car, the 812 superfast for example.

If GM wanted a rear engine car, they should have developed a new car.

The Corvette is not a supercar, never will be, regarding the aventador or 488, it just does not have the brand power.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:55 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
I had a Fiero, God intended for the engine to be in front. Where the air can blow all the hot air out. And not all the pipes to get the radiator water from the front to the rear. And not all the complicated linkage to work the engine and transmission.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:11 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Stupid might as well light the money on fire.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:21 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I had a Fiero, God intended for the engine to be in front. Where the air can blow all the hot air out. And not all the pipes to get the radiator water from the front to the rear. And not all the complicated linkage to work the engine and transmission.
If they would of let the Fiero be, I bet it would of turned into one hell of a vehicle. Sure it had growing pains but it was starting to get some teeth.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:10 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I think the exact opposite. A mid engine will propel the Vette into supercar territory. I think they will sell like literal hot cakes. Sure some purists will poo poo the idea but I think it’s a long awaited change.
There isn’t much more that can do with a front engine RWD platform. Sure some minor improvements but other than that it’s at the top of its performance. Sure they can add more hp but it won’t handle or put the power to the ground much better
It’s a fad. The weight balance is already 50/50.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:28 PM

707 posts, read 1,408,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Ferrari seems to do just fine with a front engine car, the 812 superfast for example.

If GM wanted a rear engine car, they should have developed a new car.

The Corvette is not a supercar, never will be, regarding the aventador or 488, it just does not have the brand power.
Yes GM, can you build us another Corvair but make it water called this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive