Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 967 times

Advertisements

Below is my latest correspondence with [Mod cut.] concerning their refusal to honor their warranty. I will be posting updates. If you are expecting a real warranty support program, buy a Honda or Toyota.
I will be posting updates.

You are well aware of the transmission problem as this issue has been reported to you in 2018 and the vehicle was taken to [Mod cut.]for evaluation as you suggested. You also have the dealers report which states that the "transmission was operating as designed". Note that the dealer did not state that the transmission was operating properly but stated that the transmission was operating as designed. The dealer also stated that he had another customer which reported the same problem with a Santa Fe.
You are also very much aware that my last communication with you not only addressed the transmission problem again but reported a problem with the engine stalling and shutting down after several violent surges (this issue has now occurred on four separate occasions). You completely ignored that issue in your last response. You are aware that the vehicle is not in warranty at this time but was in warranty when the problem was reported. Bottom line is [Mod cut.] does not honor their warranty and simply attempts to stall their customers and hope to wear them down.
[Mod cut.] will hear from me again. Your response states that "you may need to replace your transmission" but fails to state that the problem was reported when the vehicle was in warranty.
I only need to hear from you that [Mod cut.] is going to honor their warranty and replace the transmission or not honor their warranty and refuse to repair their defective product. I will be posting updates on the [Mod cut.] forum.

Moderator note 08/29/2019: Consumer complaints are not permitted. The brand name has been deleted from all posts in this thread.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 05:16 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,052,691 times
To show the other side of the equation, I bought a used [Mod cut.] Limited with 35,100 miles on the clock. At 35,900 miles, the navigation failed to operate as designed. I brought the car to a dealer. He promptly diagnosed the problem as the antenna and replaced it under warranty. At 36,100 miles, the navigation malfunctioned again. The same dealer didn't hesitate to replace the entire navigation unit under warranty. No questions asked on a car I'd purchased used and barely drove 1000 miles.

I think the individual dealer plays a large part in the warranty process.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:47 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
You also have the dealers report which states that the "transmission was operating as designed". Note that the dealer did not state that the transmission was operating properly but stated that the transmission was operating as designed.
If it’s operating as designed then it is operating properly. The dealer can’t fix something that technically isn’t broken. You may not like it, but it is what it is. All you can do is hope [Mod cut.] releases a software update to improve it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:51 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
My 2015 [Mod cut.] has a stalling problem that was corrected under warranty. Took about a month to get the problem resolved but it got done.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:31 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Mod cut.

Whoooaaa....let's back up here and explain how a 2017 [Mod cut.] with a 10 year/100,000 mile power-train warranty is "not in warranty at this time". Are you saying that you have over 100,000 miles on this car?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.

Old 08-26-2019, 06:59 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Whoooaaa....let's back up here and explain how a 2017 [Mod cut.] with a 10 year/100,000 mile power-train warranty is "not in warranty at this time". Are you saying that you have over 100,000 miles on this car?
Warranty may be 5/60 if bought used

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:57 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
The warranty IS 5 years or 60,000 miles as a used [Mod cut.] and has limits. Had the original poster done the slightest research he would have found the dual clutch semi automatic transmission a major fail since 2016. Almost ever car mag has had articles about the transmission failures and [Mod cut.] not addressing the issue by claiming it is not a failure, that the transmissions are functioning as designed. Any time you're buying a used car, ALWAYS do the homework by researching a cars reliability for the YM you are considering. That's true of anything you buy used. Buyer beware is most important when buying a used car. You can post to all of the forums you want OP but you are just as much at fault for not doing the homework as [Mod cut.] is about the transmission. I'd suggest doing the homework and trading it off. It certainly isn't going to get any better.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Warranty may be 5/60 if bought used
As the original owner of a 2017 [Mod cut.], I didn't realize there was that distinction. But I checked and you're right - for subsequent owners it's 5 years/60,000 miles.

I hope the OP returns filling in more detail as I'd like to know more about the problem he's having.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:22 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
The warranty IS 5 years or 60,000 miles as a used [Mod cut.] and has limits. Had the original poster done the slightest research he would have found the dual clutch semi automatic transmission a major fail since 2016. Almost ever car mag has had articles about the transmission failures and [Mod cut.]not addressing the issue by claiming it is not a failure, that the transmissions are functioning as designed. Any time you're buying a used car, ALWAYS do the homework by researching a cars reliability for the YM you are considering. That's true of anything you buy used. Buyer beware is most important when buying a used car. You can post to all of the forums you want OP but you are just as much at fault for not doing the homework as [Mod cut.] is about the transmission. I'd suggest doing the homework and trading it off. It certainly isn't going to get any better.
Only the [Mod cut.] has the DCT, and we’re not sure that’s what the OP has. The vast majority have the 6 speed automatic which has actually been a pretty good transmission (considering it was designed by [Mod cut.] ).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: Brand name deleted.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Only the [Mod cut.] has the DCT, and we’re not sure that’s what the OP has. The vast majority have the 6 speed automatic which has actually been a pretty good transmission (considering it was designed by Hyundai ).
That is exactly right.

If there was ever a post lacking in "homework", it is the one to which you're responding.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-29-2019 at 10:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive