Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 08:37 PM

8,375 posts, read 6,474,738 times

Advertisements

I've never seen a Viper on the road and I'm in car heavy Los Angeles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 09:50 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,652,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
My first vote goes to the 350z. This will be a future classic and they are built well.
Meh. They made too many of them. Maybe a NISMO edition will be a collector item but most of them will go by the wayside since everyone who buys them ends up “modding” them with stupid ground effect kits wide wheels and LED light shows with fart can exhausts. Most cars built after 2000 will need to be a low production number or specialty model that is more than the badge and appearance package.
There are a lot of old cars From various years that people thought we’re going to be collectibles and they never actually went up in value enough to warrant keeping them as long as they did. There will always be someone that wants some of the wall vehicle but anything that’s mass produced it has to be either very very very rare low production numbers or desirable and in really good shape and well-maintained to keep its value.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:55 PM

25,652 posts, read 17,391,957 times
Nothing sexy about it but our '08 Honda CRV has been wonderful.
Zero problems, 175,000 miles.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:11 AM

8,555 posts, read 4,802,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Remember this, the PT cruiser was designed by Bryan Nesbitt, under the direction of Bob Lutz at Chrysler. The HHR was designed by... Bryan Nesbitt while under the direction of Bob Lutz, at GM. Same people trying the same formula.. Not merely trying to compete with the PT (which was a huge sales success). But brought to us by the same exact people to do the same exact job.

It was merely a few years too late to really do anything for GM, however (it came out 5 years after the PT Cruiser)
Hmm I knew it was the same designer - hence why I called the HHR a do-over - but I didn’t realize Lutz was in the mix too.

By the way, if you find them on YouTube, Bob Lutz is a great interviewee.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:18 PM

843 posts, read 571,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
GM came out with the HHR to compete with the PT Cruiser, because the PT Cruiser was a big seller for Chrysler. The HHR could not compete with the PT Cruiser, same with GMs SRT, and Fords retro T bird. Chrysler at the time had the market on the retro vehicle designs, then Chrysler came out with the Plymouth Prowler another winner for Chrysler, and then when Daimler was in charge the crossfire was another decent seller when it first came out. And then Chrysler came out with the Viper another retro sports car with a big V12. So as you see Chrysler started the American retro car designs. And now the Dodge Challenger is still outselling the Mustang,and the Chevrolet Camaro.
Last sentence is FALSE. Challenger has begun to outsell the Camaro in the last few years, mostly due to GM's refusal to improve it to stay competitive, and they've announced it will be cancelled. But the Mustang has beat them both pretty soundly since the 2015 model, see link. Mustang has been kicking Challenger butt for years.

http://motrolix.com/automotive-sales...ge-challenger/

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 12-31-2020 at 12:55 PM..

Old 12-31-2020, 05:30 PM

Mustang kicks their butt in drag races as well.

https://youtu.be/OkZWEq262Mo

https://youtu.be/Ha3VethD71M

Old 01-01-2021, 10:00 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,983,081 times
The 2002-2004 Xterra looks great when it’s in good condition
Wrangler TJs

Old 01-01-2021, 12:07 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,456,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Stradivarius View Post
Last sentence is FALSE. Challenger has begun to outsell the Camaro in the last few years, mostly due to GM's refusal to improve it to stay competitive, and they've announced it will be cancelled. But the Mustang has beat them both pretty soundly since the 2015 model, see link. Mustang has been kicking Challenger butt for years.

Sales Comparison: Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger
Not according to this article.

https://www.motor1.com/news/374463/d...amaro-mustang/

And this one also

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/d...20-149696.html

Old 01-01-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Both of the articles that you linked were only about sales in the 3rd quarter of 2020 (i.e., July/Aug/Sep). Only 3 months, which I suspect could be affected by Covid, not sure. The article that I linked broke the sales down by month over the course of 5 or 6 years.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:12 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,456,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Stradivarius View Post
Both of the articles that you linked were only about sales in the 3rd quarter of 2020 (i.e., July/Aug/Sep). Only 3 months, which I suspect could be affected by Covid, not sure. The article that I linked broke the sales down by month over the course of 5 or 6 years.
Ok what ever you say at least FCA has 2 great selling spots cars the Challenger and the Charger that will compete with the Mustang and new for 2021. And there are rumors that the Challenger SRT Demon is going to make a comeback that a real money maker for FCA. The challenger and Charger look very close to their 1970’s design, we’re as the Mustang doesn’t imo.

Dodge Introduces 'Demon-possessed' 2021 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye
797-horsepower Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye Is the Most Powerful and Fastest Mass-produced Sedan in the World, Offering the Ultimate in High-performance, Comfort and Road-ready Confidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive