Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 04:14 AM

772 posts, read 937,052 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've been thinking of changing up our cars, and have been leaning toward a 4 seat convertible option. Here are a few I've been thinking about:

Ferrari California
Aston Martin DB9/DB11
Mercedes S-Class (2017 onward)
Porsche 911 Cab (991 series)

Are there any others in this segment I have overlooked? Not interested in BMWs, Lexus, or a Mercedes C or E class, and it must have at least a small usable backseat. Max budget is around $125k, so lightly used is fine, but options like a Bentley are too expensive.

Anything else I should consider?

TC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 06:00 AM

6,564 posts, read 7,145,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
Hello,

I've been thinking of changing up our cars, and have been leaning toward a 4 seat convertible option. Here are a few I've been thinking about:

Ferrari California
Aston Martin DB9/DB11
Mercedes S-Class (2017 onward)
Porsche 911 Cab (991 series)

Are there any others in this segment I have overlooked? Not interested in BMWs, Lexus, or a Mercedes C or E class, and it must have at least a small usable backseat. Max budget is around $125k, so lightly used is fine, but options like a Bentley are too expensive.

Anything else I should consider?

TC
I would get this one out of that group. I’ve driven a 2014 turbo s after getting out of a Taycan turbo s and 911 was off the charts a blast to drive and faster then the Taycan. I beat on both of them.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Old 06-04-2022, 07:20 AM

Here’s a 2015 Bentley

Not a fan of the M8?

Here’s a 991.2 turbo….doesn’t have the carbon ceramics

Old 06-04-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Here’s a 2015 Bentley

Not a fan of the M8?

Here’s a 991.2 turbo….doesn’t have the carbon ceramics

Thank you for posting... I didn't think any Bentley's with acceptable mileage/year would have depreciated enough to meet my budget criteria, so I guess I will need to add those into the mix.

The Porsches are great cars... problem is I've already owned a few, so they're last on my list since I'm wanting to try something new. I've never had an Aston Martin and have always loved how they looked. A buddy of mine has an S63 coupe, I think it's a 2017, and I love the looks of it, and really love the interior too.

BMW... just too many reliability problems. They seem to be far below Mercedes and BMW in overall reliability ratings, anecdotally my neighbors love BMWs but they're in the shop nearly every week, and just recently they had to trade one back into the dealer because it was basically unfixable. I figure if I was going to buy something with less reliability, that's where the Aston Martin comes in, and looking much better as well.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:59 AM
KCZ

4,678 posts, read 3,673,320 times
You're not going to find a DB11 in your budget, unless you want one that's been wrecked. Is there a reputable shop to service either Aston or Ferrari close to where you live?

Old 06-04-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
Thank you for posting... I didn't think any Bentley's with acceptable mileage/year would have depreciated enough to meet my budget criteria, so I guess I will need to add those into the mix.

The Porsches are great cars... problem is I've already owned a few, so they're last on my list since I'm wanting to try something new. I've never had an Aston Martin and have always loved how they looked. A buddy of mine has an S63 coupe, I think it's a 2017, and I love the looks of it, and really love the interior too.

BMW... just too many reliability problems. They seem to be far below Mercedes and BMW in overall reliability ratings, anecdotally my neighbors love BMWs but they're in the shop nearly every week, and just recently they had to trade one back into the dealer because it was basically unfixable. I figure if I was going to buy something with less reliability, that's where the Aston Martin comes in, and looking much better as well.
The S63 coupe would be ideal. I do like that Bentley I posted, but not the interior color. There are a few other ones available in your price range. Only the V8’s and no speed versions will fall in price rang with it being 2015 or newer.

Last edited by wamer27; 06-04-2022 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-04-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
You're not going to find a DB11 in your budget, unless you want one that's been wrecked. Is there a reputable shop to service either Aston or Ferrari close to where you live?
This is close enough to range.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:51 AM
KCZ

4,678 posts, read 3,673,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post

That's not a convertible though, which would bump the price up another $5-10K.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:29 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,691,004 times
1976 Cadillac Eldorado.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post

Yes, I live just north of Dallas TX, we have a lot of high end cars around here with dealers and indy shops.

A DB11 is doable... basically my max at $125k allows me to pay the tax, title and registration (ending up around $135k) and giving me $5k for paint correction, ceramic coating, oil change, and a tire or two if needed to be at $140k, with $10k set aside for maintenance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive