Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 12:08 AM

3,206 posts, read 1,668,265 times

Advertisements

I seem to come across this very common occurrence on the highway. The most expensive car on the road is the slowest one also. Saw this dude driving a McLaren constantly downshifting on the highway doing around 60 while traffic is atleast 75.

I haven't seen any corvette going over 70 for a long time. Just tonight, a guy in a BMW M3 Competition, doing 50mph on the highway. I was able to read his rear badge that's how slow he was going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 12:13 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
No

Old 05-30-2022, 12:14 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
...not always (maybe seldom)

$704,000 spent on this 'used car', only to crash it (while uninsured, not licensed, driving while revoked DL.)
Not a good day for Robert.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...-transmission/

Expensive cars = SLOW?
Don't tell the movie stars and sports legends. (Money is no object, brains and responsibility is not required)

Old 05-30-2022, 01:03 AM

61,711 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Generally, probably yes.
The expensive/luxury cars aren't slow, of course - they are just often driven by older people who are slower and more cautious about their pricey possession.
Younger people/first time drivers usually drive cheaper cars and are faster/more reckless because they want to show off their car and their driving "skills"...

OP is not saying that expensive cars are slow...

Old 05-30-2022, 01:24 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
It is entirely conceivable that those with a stake in society are not your reckless drivers. I'm willing to believe that.

Old 05-30-2022, 03:56 AM

12,427 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Generally, probably yes.
The expensive/luxury cars aren't slow, of course - they are just often driven by older people who are slower and more cautious about their pricey possession.
Younger people/first time drivers usually drive cheaper cars and are faster/more reckless because they want to show off their car and their driving "skills"...

OP is not saying that expensive cars are slow...
Yes. Statistically speaking anyway, younger drivers are more aggressive drivers, that's very clear. And younger drivers generally aren't driving expensive cars - most people are better off financially in their 40s, 50s and 60s than in their teens, 20s, and 30s.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:05 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yes. Statistically speaking anyway, younger drivers are more aggressive drivers, that's very clear. And younger drivers generally aren't driving expensive cars - most people are better off financially in their 40s, 50s and 60s than in their teens, 20s, and 30s.
We’ve had surgeons who regularly get stopped for speeding in their high end vehicles and use the excuse they’re going to perform life threatening emergency surgery to try to get out of a speeding ticket or a reckless driving charge. Ferrari l, Lamborghini, Porsche, Corvette, M series, AMG, and other makes. Age wasn’t a factor in their reckless behavior. In their case it was arrogance.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:05 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It is entirely conceivable that those with a stake in society are not your reckless drivers. I'm willing to believe that.
Agreed. When one has nothing to prove and lives a life of responsibility, they’ll tend towards rational behaviors.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-30-2022, 06:18 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I seem to come across this very common occurrence on the highway. The most expensive car on the road is the slowest one also. Saw this dude driving a McLaren constantly downshifting on the highway doing around 60 while traffic is atleast 75.

I haven't seen any corvette going over 70 for a long time. Just tonight, a guy in a BMW M3 Competition, doing 50mph on the highway. I was able to read his rear badge that's how slow he was going.
I had a friend over last night that drives a Lamborghini Urus, I'd be stunned if she has ever broken the speed limit with that 600 HP suv.

I have an uncle that just got the new S580. I haven't driven it yet but I took his last one over 100 mph with him riding shot gun and he laughed and said he doesn't drive it that fast.

It comes down to what it took for someone to acquire that nice car vs. why would they endanger themselves, others or the vehicle itself to drive it recklessly.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:50 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post

So, are you are the driver of that Neon with the fart pipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive