Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 08:17 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times

Advertisements

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/new...6-AdOumCAVN8l4

Wonder how long before some cities in the USA import this technology to try to boost revenue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 09:58 AM

8,492 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/new...6-AdOumCAVN8l4

Wonder how long before some cities in the USA import this technology to try to boost revenue?
Oy vey.

Old 10-23-2022, 01:05 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Past time for something like this IMHO! Nothing worse than some desperate attention seeker annoying everyone else while trying to be noticed. They finally will be but not in the way they intended. Now if the camera also registers those groundshaking bass speakers...

Not too many loud offending cars in my small town thank goodness, but I happen to live next to one of them. When this young gal nurse first moved in, I passed the noise off as a bad muffler, but nothing has changed for the past 3 years. She drives a sporty later model pickup in otherwise good condition. She seems clueless about her neighbors in other ways too. She leaves her house lit up like an airport all night long; most rooms brightly lit, no drapes on any of the house's picture windows, multiple unshielded deck, driveway, front entry, garage lights. I finally realized she simply doesn't consider anyone other than herself. Her parents happen to live a ways down the road. They built the house for her. Should have guessed what would happen. Theirs is a blinding eyesore all night long too. This town actually has ordinances against excessive exterior lighting but of course some seem to feel they're exempt.

Last edited by Parnassia; 10-23-2022 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-23-2022, 02:21 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
I’d gladly pay extra taxes for my town to implement this.

No tickets though. Sound-activated hellfire missiles. I’ll gladly help with the cleanup as well.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-24-2022, 05:56 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Brilliant, noise-pollution coming from loud vehicles is a big problem......boomcars
and modified-exhausts come to mind.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:20 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Brilliant, noise-pollution coming from loud vehicles is a big problem......boomcars
and modified-exhausts come to mind.
As electric cars becom more commonplace, the noise will be more from loud stereos than loud exhaust.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:48 AM

4,534 posts, read 2,669,541 times
I'd be happy to donate to the purchase of some crushers.

Just cruise certain streets on Friday and Saturday nights, with a crusher and sound level meter. Car exceeds limit, up onto the crusher.

Old 10-24-2022, 09:38 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,838,177 times
These are very unlikely to be implemented here. Back when the noise ordinances were first being implemented to combat the loud car stereos back in the 90's, it was discussed at that time to apply it to loud exhausts as well. The reason that has never happened........because the Judges, lawyers, politicians and the rich and famous like to ride Harley's. The still do and Harley's are louder and more obnoxious than most any sports cars or trucks with modified exhaust. A proper aftermarket exhaust on a sports car actually sounds good and is only loud when the driver is on the throttle pretty good. Otherwise it is just a bit of a rumble. Harley's are obnoxious even if they are easing out of the garage to go pick up some broccoli from the grocery store.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:06 AM

4,625 posts, read 4,892,936 times
There probably will be some jurisdictions that will need law changes: i.e. red light cameras are illegal in Mass because there are no people.

We already have something called ShotSpotter. It uses microphones for a gunshot detection system, but the PD is dispatched.

Old 10-24-2022, 12:11 PM

4,534 posts, read 2,669,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
There probably will be some jurisdictions that will need law changes: i.e. red light cameras are illegal in Mass because there are no people.

We already have something called ShotSpotter. It uses microphones for a gunshot detection system, but the PD is dispatched.
No people in Massachusetts? News to me. I'm sitting there right now and there seem to be a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive