Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 07:07 AM

17,633 posts, read 17,723,504 times

Advertisements

Lincoln has what I find to be great styling, both inside and out, on all of their vehicles. Have an elderly couple neighbor who has one and they absolutely love it for its comfort and styling. MOPAR is getting into this market with the Wagoneer. While it looks good, Stelantis reliability is questionable. Cadillac has been in this market for a while now. Buick, while not being luxury, are upscale versions of Chevy crossovers. To me the Buicks are the right form of platform sharing. I had the opportunity to drive a Chevy and Buick back to back and they literally felt like different vehicles even though they shared the same platform. It’s more affordable than the previous 3 brands making it more affordable way of going upscale. What makes me like the Lincoln vehicles even more are the names. The names give an impressions of world travelers, much better than letters and numbers used by Cadillac. How do you feel these brands’ crossovers compare to Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and the Rovers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 07:31 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,053,839 times
IMO, American "luxury" brands can't hold a candle to European luxury brands. The new Wagoneer is nice, but it still has that "boxy" look that American brands can't seem to get away from.

Last edited by Remington Steel; 04-03-2023 at 07:58 AM..

Old 04-03-2023, 07:47 AM

19,066 posts, read 27,648,953 times
Did you look at Lincoln reliability score? It's 36. Lower third. While Tahoe/Yukon are in mid 70.

Get Yukon Denali. Unless you don't care and pleasure in seeing your dealer - and paying grossly - frequently.

Old 04-03-2023, 08:13 AM

26,432 posts, read 46,638,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Lincoln has what I find to be great styling, both inside and out, on all of their vehicles. Have an elderly couple neighbor who has one and they absolutely love it for its comfort and styling. MOPAR is getting into this market with the Wagoneer. While it looks good, Stelantis reliability is questionable. Cadillac has been in this market for a while now. Buick, while not being luxury, are upscale versions of Chevy crossovers. To me the Buicks are the right form of platform sharing. I had the opportunity to drive a Chevy and Buick back to back and they literally felt like different vehicles even though they shared the same platform. It’s more affordable than the previous 3 brands making it more affordable way of going upscale. What makes me like the Lincoln vehicles even more are the names. The names give an impressions of world travelers, much better than letters and numbers used by Cadillac. How do you feel these brands’ crossovers compare to Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and the Rovers?
Wagoneer= ridiculously overpriced junk with questionable reliability.

Old 04-03-2023, 08:39 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,677,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Lincolns are plagued with issues. Our 2019 Expedition had a massive transmission failure that took 6 months to get back on the road. During that time, we spent hours per week at the Lincoln dealership that was fixing the Expedition. I got to know the owner very well and we were in a Lincoln Nautilus and Navigator while they were repairing the Expedition.

Our Expedition made it a total of 88 miles after the full trans rebuild before it puked its guts out. Another internal flaw from Ford. We sold it and switched to a Nissan Armada.

The current Lincoln issues that he told us about:

Navigators and Aviators have an under hood fire recall.
They also share the same 10 speed transmission issues that Ford cannot find a fix for at the moment

The interior quality feels and looks nice, but things break very easily. Simple things like the doors that cover the cupholders. Break with the slightest touch. Both Nautilus' that they gave us as loaners had various broken components inside. We were told that was normal.

The Infiniti QX80 Premium Select was a nice SUV, but lacked features that the less expensive Armada Platinum had. We set out intent on purchasing a QX80 but after seeing the much more well appointed Armada, we went that route.

For me, what they call it matters much less than reliability and looks. We also drove an Acura MDX (we already own an Acura TL) but despite it being very well appointed inside, it was much too small and cost as much as our Armada.

Old 04-03-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Wagoneer= ridiculously overpriced junk with questionable reliability.
Definitely overpriced, but I don't know that I'd call it junk or the reliability questionable. We rented one for a week at the beginning of the issues with our Expedition and it was extremely nice. I wasn't a fan of all the touch screens, but it was one of the most comfortable vehicles we've driven in quite a while.

I've owned at least 1 Chrysler product for years (I drive a 2018 Ram 1500) and have yet to have a real issue with any of them. The Wagoneer shares the same 5.7L Hemi platform as my Ram. Solid engines backed by a great 8 speed transmission. Yes, some Hemi's suffer from the cam/lifter failure but most of those issues are pre-2017/2018 and they are not as common as some may think. Either way, you don't buy the first 2-3 model years of a vehicle to give them time to work out the bugs. IF, in 5-10 years, the Wagoneer is around and pricing becomes a bit more realistic we may purchase one.

I'd be much more concerned with GM products and their 5.3 lifter failures. Much more common.

Old 04-03-2023, 09:22 AM

29,537 posts, read 14,693,013 times
I wouldn't hesitate twice to purchase a Yukon/Escalade or a new Wagoneer.....if I could afford one.

Old 04-03-2023, 09:29 AM

17,633 posts, read 17,723,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Lincolns are plagued with issues. Our 2019 Expedition had a massive transmission failure that took 6 months to get back on the road. During that time, we spent hours per week at the Lincoln dealership that was fixing the Expedition. I got to know the owner very well and we were in a Lincoln Nautilus and Navigator while they were repairing the Expedition.

Our Expedition made it a total of 88 miles after the full trans rebuild before it puked its guts out. Another internal flaw from Ford. We sold it and switched to a Nissan Armada.

The current Lincoln issues that he told us about:

Navigators and Aviators have an under hood fire recall.
They also share the same 10 speed transmission issues that Ford cannot find a fix for at the moment

The interior quality feels and looks nice, but things break very easily. Simple things like the doors that cover the cupholders. Break with the slightest touch. Both Nautilus' that they gave us as loaners had various broken components inside. We were told that was normal.

The Infiniti QX80 Premium Select was a nice SUV, but lacked features that the less expensive Armada Platinum had. We set out intent on purchasing a QX80 but after seeing the much more well appointed Armada, we went that route.

For me, what they call it matters much less than reliability and looks. We also drove an Acura MDX (we already own an Acura TL) but despite it being very well appointed inside, it was much too small and cost as much as our Armada.
The one my elderly couple neighbors have is the Lincoln Corsair which shares platform with the Ford Escape and Bronco Sport. Being retired elders they don’t travel much.

Old 04-03-2023, 02:00 PM

The 2021 Corsair was one of the worst vehicles we've driven. We were stuck with that thing for about 4 months. It fell apart around us. It did look nice in the driveway and in the dealership parking lot though.

Old 04-03-2023, 03:22 PM

8,522 posts, read 4,762,898 times
Well…they’re SUVs and crossovers, so I don’t have much use for them. Doesn’t matter what continent their brand is from. I like to sit in my vehicle, not on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive