Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM

9 posts, read 8,879 times

Advertisements

A speeding ticket is a misdemeanor. If you don't pay the ticket and Florida decides to issue a warrant for you, it's a misdemeanor. If you're driving in the U.S. and get stopped for something, chances are slim to none that a misdemeanor out of Florida will show up. IF it does, will Florida extradite you from wherever you are? No. Not for a ticket. But I'd pay it if it were me. You did break a traffic law, so step up and pay the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 11:18 AM

504 posts, read 1,764,555 times
If you don't pay it there is a possibility it will go on your credit report. A lot of counties are now hiring debt collection companies to get paid. Its only 182.00 not the end of the world, pay it and then you can breath easier when you come back to Fl. If it goes into collection interest could be tacked on.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:13 PM

33 posts, read 345,849 times
You can pay your ticket online, they will give you a discount if you do the traffic school. They will stop you if your tires are busted, light out, missing whatever, etc. so you might have to pay the ticket.
Here's a warning, the state welcome sign. lol what a way to greet vistors

Yea, it can here.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:42 PM

152 posts, read 732,257 times
I would pay it. Florida is a friendly relaxed state but can be pretty stiff when you don't follow the rules.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:26 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,943 times
I got a parking ticket in Montreal.

I went to Hotel De Ville (the city hall) to pay it. I took some photos from the steps on which Charles De Gaulle gave his famous speech. What a gorgeous building. Nice neighborhood too. Since I plan to visit quite frequently, I'm happy to pay the ticket. It costs money to keep a beautiful city running.

Now - Florida...YIKES.... ;-)

That's another subject I guess...

I'd pay the ticket.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:44 AM

35 posts, read 159,253 times
Default That's Up 2 You...But?

I have my share of speeding tickets in the States that I haven't paid. No big deal...but that's up too you if your going to pay.

I will say Montana now has it figured out! as I found out going home from Vegas...outside of Great Falls I was pulled over paid fine on the spot to the State Trooper and was on my way in 10 minutes well worth the ticket if done quickly...lol

I believe more and more states have adopted this way of handling speeding tickets which makes sense when you consider how many people from foreign countries visit the states every year...Mexico I believe has the same policy...not that I would know

Bob

Old 01-27-2007, 11:35 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,941 times
You were in Florida, you violated traffic laws, you were caught, and you got a ticket. Pay up! The rest of us have to!

Old 01-27-2007, 01:13 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2bob View Post
I have my share of speeding tickets in the States that I haven't paid. No big deal...but that's up too you if your going to pay.

I will say Montana now has it figured out! as I found out going home from Vegas...outside of Great Falls I was pulled over paid fine on the spot to the State Trooper and was on my way in 10 minutes well worth the ticket if done quickly...lol

I believe more and more states have adopted this way of handling speeding tickets which makes sense when you consider how many people from foreign countries visit the states every year...Mexico I believe has the same policy...not that I would know

Bob
You lost respect immediately from me. Your behavior and attitude says a lot about your core values... Why ignore the law just because you decided to break it in the states?
Montana probably sends the bills to residents whereas they see a Canadian plate and figure that a ticket will be ignored...I wonder why they might think that....

Last edited by MoMark; 01-27-2007 at 01:22 PM..

Old 01-27-2007, 01:45 PM

35 posts, read 159,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
You lost respect immediately from me. Your behavior and attitude says a lot about your core values... Why ignore the law just because you decided to break it in the states?
Montana probably sends the bills to residents whereas they see a Canadian plate and figure that a ticket will be ignored...I wonder why they might think that....

My core values are just fine...the tickets I had were from when I was under 18 years of age . My Montana ticket I agreed with and had no problem paying for that on the spot at the tender age of 43 years.

You see things differently when your under 18

Please forgive my youth

Bob

Old 01-27-2007, 02:57 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2bob View Post
My core values are just fine...the tickets I had were from when I was under 18 years of age . My Montana ticket I agreed with and had no problem paying for that on the spot at the tender age of 43 years.

You see things differently when your under 18

Please forgive my youth

Bob
Absolutely. We all think we're invincible and face no consequences when we're teenagers. What I'm curious about though is.... had the Montana highway patrolman issued you a speeding ticket that required mailing in the fine or showing up to dispute it in Traffic Court (naturally an in-person appearance wouldn't make sense if you live in Calgary), would you have mailed in the fine? At 43... please say "yes"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive