Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 11:19 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

NEW YORK (AP) — General Motors (GM) says it is extending its employee-discount program to a wider group of non-employees as the Detroit automaker deals with a weak sales environment.

GM spokeswoman Susan Garontakos says the company will allow employees to offer the discount to their friends and extended family through July 31.

GM extends employee discount to more non-employees - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 11:53 PM

667 posts, read 2,888,672 times
About a month or two ago, GM also offered this to the military. That being said, to me this is simply them backing up. A few years ago - at least 2005 that I know of - GM used to sell it's vehicles through the PX to deployed soldiers. Through the PX, you pay roughly employee discount fees, and it's built how you want, and delivered stateside to the dealer of your choice and when you want it. The also offered special financing for it. GM pulled out of this deal saying they were losing too much money.

Now, they come back to the military and offer stateside an employee discount. Gee, thanks.....

Old 07-28-2008, 07:51 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
That sounds familiar. I used to get the GM discount and since taking a buyout i still get it through my dad. I also use the GM card which gives you 5% towards a new GM car. Well, about 6 years ago we were told that we could no longer used both the discount and the 5% earnings because it was costing them too much money. So now i get 1% towards a new car that i can use w/the discount................i really need to switch credit cards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive