Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:39 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Can you beleive those asshats drove there in Hybrids to try to make themselves look good?

So they're jerks when they take jets and now they're jerks when they drive. Whaddaya want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 07:41 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
No way! Let the industry stay in the Midwest and North East
I agree. I doubt that even Southerners could fix these poor guys.

I do recall an uncle in eastern Texas who had a 1955/6 Ford F100 that had a large oval sticker on the rear glass that read "Made in Texas by Texans." Ah but that was before the public and government got into designing and engineering automobiles for the mediocrity.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:02 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
Quote:
Can you beleive those asshats drove there in Hybrids to try to make themselves look good?
LOL...yeah. They should have done it the first freaking time. I still can't believe the flack they got for flying in the corporate jet.

Well Lee Iacocca did it back in the day for Chrysler and he went back with the funds.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Default The Economist Car Section

I just got done reading the Car section of a most recent Economist mag. In China, they have their own car manufacturers, but the Chinese shun them all as inferior products, and buy mostly foreign. Buick is a big seller in China, what a surprise! And they like big cars, SUV's just like the Russians. Also learned that 65% of the cars GM produces are sold in foreign countries. So in the end, it may just come out even-Steven.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:27 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I just got done reading the Car section of a most recent Economist mag. In China, they have their own car manufacturers, but the Chinese shun them all as inferior products, and buy mostly foreign. Buick is a big seller in China, what a surprise! And they like big cars, SUV's just like the Russians. Also learned that 65% of the cars GM produces are sold in foreign countries. So in the end, it may just come out even-Steven.
I can't picture Buicks driving around in Hong Kong, but at least they know what quality is... couldn't picture that either considering the stuff they make.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:33 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
So they're jerks when they take jets and now they're jerks when they drive. Whaddaya want?

They should have driven them the first time around. They only did it because of the hell they caught for flying in.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
They should have driven them the first time around. They only did it because of the hell they caught for flying in.

So what are you more interested in, what people actually do or their motives? They get critcized and change their behavior and still get criticized. That's not good incentive for getting people to change.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I agree. I doubt that even Southerners could fix these poor guys.

You get what you pay for. Which is why southerners are valued less by the market than Yankees.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:27 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
So what are you more interested in, what people actually do or their motives? They get critcized and change their behavior and still get criticized. That's not good incentive for getting people to change.

You're missing the point. They're only trying suck up to the public, because they're royal **** ups. I hate ass kissing more than anything.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:31 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,012 times
I’d say the American automakers should go straight to Microsoft and ask Bill Gates how he did it with inferior software.
He was able to crush his competition that had a superior product by marketing his lousy product to the decision makers in corporate America. Then somehow he was able to get those that knew that his product was inferior, to work as uncompensated QA slaves to make his junk work and then tell his workers what changes were needed to make it better.
This worked to make Bill Gates the richest man on earth.
Maybe the real plan is to have only one or two auto manufacturers and we are just short of that goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive