Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:39 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times

Advertisements

I've had good luck putting a "FOR SALE" sign on them and putting them next to the street. I got full blue book by doing that when I sold my '99 Grand Prix, it costed me a whole dollar for the sign.

Just because someone is buying from you doesn't mean that they have the cash on hand, they will likely go to their bank or credit union to get you the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,928,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Do you think Carmax will give a better quote to purchase your car if you are buying from them, or doesn't it matter?
We might get rid of a car and won't need to purchase another, so I guess it can't hurt to get a quote from them if it is as easy as I am reading it to be.
I don't think it matters. Their "car buying" process and selling process are separate. My friend told me to bring it in, get an offer and in the process get a free evaluation. The offer is good for so many days so you don't have to make a decision on the spot. I've heard it really is easy if you don't want the hassle of selling it yourself.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaBlue View Post
I love the car, and it's painful to get rid of it now, but we're expecting baby #2, and the Sentra is just not going to work with two car seats. My husband's car is older, but was more expensive to begin with, and he prefers driving it.

We're looking at the '09 Honda Pilot (low $30K range).
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
The main advantages to trading in are convenience and avoiding sales tax on the value of the trade-in.

With the economy as it is, not certain why you would trade off a 3-year old car, but, whatever, it's a free country and you can do whatever you want.

What are you thinking about buying? Brand, how much you are spending, etc?

I would *think* a Nissan dealer would be more intrested in your trade just because they would be more familiar with the car.

You can definitely get more money from the car selling it yourself, and buying the new car "straight up".
El correctomundo again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaBlue View Post
I hear you -- even if we could get a good price for it, I'm not sure who has the cash right now...

I'd love to try to sell it on CL first, but my husband is getting anxious to buy the new car soon. (Honda has basically stopped production of Pilots for the time being, so our selection/pricing options may be kind of crappy in a month or two.)
Is this Honda a gottahave for your husband?
Or are you open to other options?

In my area, 2008 KIA Sorento LXs are selling for just under $16,000. This is a 3.3 liter 5-speed auto with ABS, stability control, 245.70.16 tires on alloys (set of 5), etc.
10/100 powertrain warranty and 5/60 bumper-to-bumper. They weigh about 4200-4300.

It's a great driving car, full framed for those attracted to such, and 4 wheel drive. Also has some sort of extreme windshield defrost gadget which my wife loved.
She drove it about 1000 miles to deliver to her daughter. Got about 21-22 MPG on the trip through mountains, valleys, snow, rain, and wind.

Very nice driver, its excellent ride spoiled me in two days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive