Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:29 AM

11 posts, read 18,026 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am going to go Vancouver, Canada for 10 days. It will be my first time visiting this country. Could you, please recommend me a car rental company to choose?

I will go with my 2 friends and we would like to hire a car with the reliable car hire company. I would be glad as someone could give me a piece of advice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 11:46 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate222 View Post
Hello,

I am going to go Vancouver, Canada for 10 days. It will be my first time visiting this country. Could you, please recommend me a car rental company to choose?

I will go with my 2 friends and we would like to hire a car with the reliable car hire company. I would be glad as someone could give me a piece of advice...
well kate222 I hope you enjoy your trip to vancouver
as for a car rental company I would go with budget they have nice cars and decent prices here a link
Car Rental From Budget | Budget

there is also discount car rentals they are nice and pick you up at the airport and drop you off too
Discount Car and Truck Rentals, Canada - Vancouver Car Rental Locations

anyways enjoy your trip

Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Not trying to take this OT, but we had a great time visiting my brother in Vancouver last August. Great food and views at The Lift.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 AM

11 posts, read 18,026 times
Thank you very much for your kind reply! I am going to go to Vancouver on October 25 (next week!!!). I'm so excited! I hope that my trip will be OK! And speaking about car hire company a lot of people recommend me to use Decode Car Hire Vancouver. They also offer quite cheap car hire. And I with my friends decided to choose them. I will certainly write you about my trip next time!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate222 View Post
Thank you very much for your kind reply! I am going to go to Vancouver on October 25 (next week!!!). I'm so excited! I hope that my trip will be OK! And speaking about car hire company a lot of people recommend me to use Decode Car Hire Vancouver. They also offer quite cheap car hire. And I with my friends decided to choose them. I will certainly write you about my trip next time!!!
I lived in vancouver my whole life and I have never heard of decode car hire so just make sure to be safe and don't get scammed cause the site is not even a canadian site and that's kinda fishy to me. anyways have a good trip and remember to take a jacket and some warmer clothes it starting to get cold out here at night but still nice in the day.

Last edited by GTOlover; 10-15-2009 at 10:45 AM..

Old 10-15-2009, 08:13 PM

589 posts, read 7,647,127 times
I just dunno about this. As much as I hate to agree with a fan of GTO's (and even worse...he's from Vancouver!) methinks he may have a good point here. I've traveled worldwide and I have never heard of Decode Car Hire anywhere. I can't even find Canada listed on their website; of course I'm searching from within Canada so that could be why. I'm thinking that they are just glorified booking brokers scooping cars from whomever will give them a piece of the action, but I could be wrong.

I just can't help but think that you'd get a better overall deal and level of service if you had a qualified travel agent arrange your car rental. That plus the fact that something about this Decode outfit just gives me a feeling of unease.

(Hey, GTO - you actually own a Goat or are ya' just in love with 'em?)

Old 10-15-2009, 08:27 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Call your insurance agent and check to see if your policy covers Canada. Easier to get the little things done before you try to leave.

I almost bought a convertable 69 goat, wish the deal had happened. They backed out at the last moment.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
...I almost bought a convertable 69 goat, wish the deal had happened. They backed out at the last moment.
That's exactly why the good Lord, in His infinite wisdom, created GUNS!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Grouch View Post
I just dunno about this. As much as I hate to agree with a fan of GTO's (and even worse...he's from Vancouver!) methinks he may have a good point here. I've traveled worldwide and I have never heard of Decode Car Hire anywhere. I can't even find Canada listed on their website; of course I'm searching from within Canada so that could be why. I'm thinking that they are just glorified booking brokers scooping cars from whomever will give them a piece of the action, but I could be wrong.

I just can't help but think that you'd get a better overall deal and level of service if you had a qualified travel agent arrange your car rental. That plus the fact that something about this Decode outfit just gives me a feeling of unease.

(Hey, GTO - you actually own a Goat or are ya' just in love with 'em?)

yeah I have a 05 6.0 M6 as my weekend fun car and a 91 f250 for my daily driver slash winter beater and every once in a while if my SO lets me I take her down to mission raceway to the street legals to have some fun. what part of the PNW are you from Da Grouch?

Last edited by GTOlover; 10-15-2009 at 09:48 PM..

Old 10-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Default Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah I have a 05 6.0 M6 as my weekend fun car and a 91 f250 for my daily driver slash winter beater and every once in a while if my SO lets me I take her down to mission raceway to the street legals to have some fun.
Gotta like it! I had a '65 coupe back in the day. T'was white with a blue interior. I picked it up for $500 from a guy out on W 40th, just off of Cambie, who'd managed to blow the old 389 to pieces and had pretty much burnt out the clutch on that old 4-speed.

So, what's a dog to do? I kinda (accidental like) dropped in a warmed over '71 455 H/O that was running about 600 horse and the same amount of torque. I hafta admit, that old Poncho did have a tendancy to get up and haul when my right foot opened up those Enderle injectors (9.88 in the 1/4).

Anyway, I'm just bringing the On This Day in History... thread up to date over in History so I'll catch up with you later.

Ron

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive