Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:06 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
The old Chargers really shouldn't be compared too much to the new ones besides sharing nameplates. For under $50k you could get a Daytona, Super Bee, SRT, or RT.
And the old ones sure look a lot better than the new ones!
However, I don't recall an old SRT Charger. I know there was an R/T and S/E.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 02:19 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Speaking of Acura, if you want one of the best looking sedans look no further than the 2008 TL. That was the last of the 3rd gen model before they hit it with an ugly stick.

For what you can buy new, I'll reiterate these for the mostly common man:

Buick Lacrosse
Taurus
VW CC
Audi A4
Hyundai Sonata and Genesis

Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
Buick Lacrosse,
Caddy STS
BMW 5 series, tough to bring in under $50K though
Ford Fusion
Subaru Legacy----I liked it so much I bought one last December. Nice ride, power and styling. About 1/2 of the money as the Bimmer.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:56 PM

404 posts, read 1,556,998 times
well this is interesting to consider. of premium sedans i like plenty, but mainstream sedans are a bit harder to choose. i tend to like simple, plain designs and styles. with a bit of flair, maybe

i actually like the newest accord. i think it looks handsome and more expensive then it is. not a huge fan of the rear fascia, but overall i find it very attractive

the camry is another car i hear called bland, but i think its stylish. the subaru legacy is very nice. one of the best looking sedans on the road imo. the new Sonata, as much as i like Hyundai, is a mixed bag for me right now. i saw my first one on the road today (i hear they are selling well, yet in my part of SoCal its taken a couple of months to see just one) and the grille is garish imo. and the car looked a bit bloated. but i'll need another look

sedans i am not a fan of looks wise? passat, fusion, malibu, galant, new mazda 6, and the current mercury line up. oh, and the new "Taurus?" i think its god awful to the point of offensive

Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,864 times
a couple of people mentioned the Cadillac STS; it's a nice ride, but IMHO, it looks like a watered down CTS. The 2008+ CTS is the epitome of what a modern Cadillac sedan should look like. The only reason to have gotten an STS is the Northstar V8, but that engine was since made obsolete by the new CTS's direct injection motor.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Current model sedans I consider attractive:

Mercury Milan
2011 Buick Regal
Cadillac (STS, DTS, CTS)
Lexus ES
Infiniti M/G
Chrysler Sebring
Subaru Legacy
Mercedes
BMW

Ugliest current model sedans on the road IMO:
Mazda 6 (front end looks a toilet seat/ bowl)
Honda Accord/ Acura TL (I like the front end, but the back end is UGLY)
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Sonata (way overdone)
Chevy Malibu (hate the taillights and the "chopped off" look)
Toyota Prius

Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i like mine.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/bmw/540.htm

Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
I preferred the styling of the previous generation Subaru Legacy over the current generation though the new generation does have more leg room. The current generation Mazda 6 and Nissan Maxima seem to go overboard trying to look sporty with those bulging fenders and sharp headlights/tail lights. The previous Mazda 6 looked plenty sporty enough without all those bulges. If they're going to put the car on steroids for looks, they should have also done so for performance. Last performance Mazda 6 was the MazdaSpeed 6 and it was the same turbo 4 as in the MazdaSpeed 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive