Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:48 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,140,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
LOL
Taste the beast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 01:09 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Not in my opinion. Rear axle and trailing arms are slice and dice... not only that but there is no lateral stabilization! Engine is hacked up, no rear bumper, ridiculous tailgate, bed is now useless... the truck is nothing but a show piece and a tacky one at that.
I mean the craftsmanship exhibited in doing what he did - the paint is excellent as far as I can see from the pictures, the body mods are smooth.

You are right that his *engineering* skills are not good though! I'm not sure where he's trying to go with the engine mods. And you are right, as a truck to haul anything in the bed or even tow a trailer of some sort, if it will still work at all, it will only work poorly.

Kind of reminds me of some chopper bikes - as a bike to ride, frankly, they suck - not fast, not comfortable, not really *good* for anything. But, that's not the point - the point is to look cool - and that they do.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:20 PM

301 posts, read 1,547,100 times
Looks like he was having fun.I did notice that it appears he did away with the turbo intercooler.Big mistake.Also NOX on a diesel is awsome.LP used on a stock gas engine dosen't profide any real proformance bust.I does run much cleaner.Less carbon build up,oil last longer.The one byproduct of gas is carbon.Which play holy hell on an engine.Were LP doesn't.Now if LP is used with NOX reather than gas you don't have to crank the engine timming back so for to pervent detonation.They also us NOX/LP setup on disesls also helps with the detonation issue.The cooler the fuel is when induced into the intake the better the mixture will be.More dens.Which means better proformance.It is a bit more involes than I have stated but,look it up.Its a good subject to check out.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:22 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
That thing sure is a speeding ticket magnet... lol.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:29 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
what is it a drag truck or a show truck he has a set up for racing with engine mods but those stacks make it sound like a dump truck and they are right behing the cab and they eat up alot of the bed to run the duals he has it's 5.9 liter cummins not a kenworth dump truck and there are only a few places that have diesel drag races at the race track but man they are cool when they run they amount of soot is amazing and I doubt he run a race tune on the street cause it would be easy to follow

Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,224,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
what is it a drag truck or a show truck he has a set up for racing with engine mods but those stacks make it sound like a dump truck and they are right behing the cab and they eat up alot of the bed to run the duals he has it's 5.9 liter cummins not a kenworth dump truck and there are only a few places that have diesel drag races at the race track but man they are cool when they run they amount of soot is amazing and I doubt he run a race tune on the street cause it would be easy to follow
It's definitely a hodge podge.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:15 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
That is NOT a truck, it is a toy. It is for play, not work.
We have a few around here, Fords as well as Dodges. "Tuned" up so they belch massive clouds of black smoke (reminiscent of the old 2-stroke-cycle Detroits of the '50s). The drivers seem to think it is really cool to accelerate madly so they can leave a big black cloud behind them.
Ah, well, it is their money, and they are having fun.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
I like the engine, everything else blows. Lame wheels, lame license plate mount, lame paint job, etc.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:18 AM

52 posts, read 286,491 times
That sure does look like the truck a guy wanted to trade me. Listed my truck for sale on craislist in ft.myers and he sent me a reply with some pics.. here's his email sent to me.. I'll remove the phone #'s.. I'll try to add the photos..

1997 one of a kind 5.9 12 valve twin turbo High Performance show truck! Super single rear, House of Kolors paint! Nitrous, 7” stacks. Built by a renowned diesel builder, who has work featured in Diesel Power Magazine. Rides on four airbags, allowing the truck to ride at, above or below stock ride height. This truck is reliable enough to drive across the country and has COLD A/C!!!! Clear title
Ddp 140hp injectors
Ddp Delivery Valves
4500 RPM Gov. Spring
BD num. 10 fuel plate
Custom Twin Turbo set Compound hx35 top hx 60 bottom
5in. down pipe into 7" Bullhauller Stacks
Weld output nut
Billet input shaft
Southbend Iron Giant Clutch Can launch in 4th on spray.
Air ride 22,000# bags in rear front air ride technologies bags. Aux tank and comp.
Diesel Cell in bed.

Much more but would take forever to list! 25K invested.

Serious inquiries only please. $15,500.00 Make offer 239.222

Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 AM

52 posts, read 286,491 times
Default Pics.

I say thats it..

Wanted to trade me for this/mine..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive