Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 12:24 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,646,584 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one who thinks the plane may be on land, and probably crashed or landed in a hill in China?

There it isn't any indication that it actually crashed, none that it's even in the sea, none that it turned around, there's just nothing. I have to wonder that it's not in water at all and probably continued on course. So it may be on land somewhere along that course in China.

I sure hope it's found and that there are survivors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 12:29 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,859,724 times
I'm beginning to think it is very possible it crashed somewhere on land.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 PM

30,318 posts, read 23,796,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
This entire disaster, and that's what this is, just reeks of mis-handling.

From the probable assumption that pilots didn't handle the emergency well while it was unfolding, to the fact that emergency management in Malaysia has constantly back tracked and then gone back. No one has answers, and it's frustrating for concerned people everywhere. Family and friends are at once in despair, and also probably asking "who is in charge?"
The thing about the pilot was that he has been well known for having simulators, with several monitors, in his room where ever he goes. It was said that he enjoys being a pilot so much, that he flies simulations on his time off, TO RELAX. He was well known for knowing all of the ins and outs of these planes, and knew every inch of those aircrafts, knew more about them than most people, because he lived and breathed flying.

To then turn around and say that he possibly "mishandled" the emergency doesn't fit.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:38 PM

30,318 posts, read 23,796,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
I wouldn't say stellar employment though. In the US he would have faced losing his license and job for letting passengers in the cockpit during flight as well as smoking.
It wasn't the captain, it was the co-pilot who did that. The captain did NOT do that. Further, they are not in the US, they are in Malaysia.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:49 PM

61,884 posts, read 87,385,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the plane may be on land, and probably crashed or landed in a hill in China?

There it isn't any indication that it actually crashed, none that it's even in the sea, none that it turned around, there's just nothing. I have to wonder that it's not in water at all and probably continued on course. So it may be on land somewhere along that course in China.

I sure hope it's found and that there are survivors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I'm beginning to think it is very possible it crashed somewhere on land.
I am not an aviation expert, but if it works as described here: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappearance is unlike anything in aviation history. then a plane nearing a land (China, Vietnam or whatever) should appear on radars again.
According to the article: "Soon after the plane leave the land, the controllers continue to see its symbol moving across their screens, based on the information obtained from the flight plan and from the last actual contact between controllers and the plane. They’re out of contact, and their status within the system is based on assumption until the plane reappear again on their radar systems" , when it gets closer to ground again. It wasn't until the flight failed to establish communication with controllers in Vietnam that the red flag went up.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:51 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,777,525 times
The Philadelphia experiment is alive and well today. That's all I can say.................

Old 03-13-2014, 12:54 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,560,623 times
44 pages of speculation; a new record? The misinformation floating around the internet propagated by the various news outlets is astounding.

I hope someone, somewhere is closer to the truth than we are.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:57 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
44 pages of speculation; a new record? The misinformation floating around the internet propagated by the various news outlets is astounding.

I hope someone, somewhere is closer to the truth than we are.
They're not. That's why we're still here.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:02 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,646,584 times
If it were under the sea, would the underwater locator beacon in the black box, capable of transmitting sound at 14,000 feet deep, had been detected in some way as soon as it hit water?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,822,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
If it were under the sea, would the underwater locator beacon in the black box, capable of transmitting sound at 14,000 feet deep, had been detected in some way as soon as it hit water?
No very limited range. A few miles.

Likely find it only if a ship drags a detector close by.

Once in the water all comm is lost unless an emergency locator floated free. Unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation