Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 08:38 PM

7,028 posts, read 4,891,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Please don't recommend Benadryl - for one, it doesn't always work as a sedative on children. Often it has the opposite effect making them hyperactive. And children have been overdosed and died.

Once on a flight back from Hawaii, my daughter was given some banana at a hotel buffet a hour or so before our flight . My friend had taken her down while I was doing some last packing up. She (my daughter) isn't "allergic" but has a stomach intolerance to banana. 20 mins into a 6 hour flight - she got violently ill. My friend was on a different flight so I didn't find out about the banana muffin until the next day. It so scary having a child that sick on a flight over the ocean - I can't even imagine giving my child a dose of Benadryl on a flight esp not knowing how they would react.
Well, before I would give any child Benadryl on a flight, I'd give it to him at least once at home to see how it does affect him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 09:28 AM

233 posts, read 250,562 times
Due to the rudeness of many with or without children on flights, as well as the entire TSA cluster-F....I've decided flying for me is just not worth it when you also throw in the hundreds of dollars (or more) you pay. I'm worthy of an enjoyable experience for what I am paying. Since that rarely ever happens...and service is poor much of the time to...If I can't drive to a destination, then I'm not going.
Screaming children on a flight are annoying for sure, but I've really not noticed that issue being any more prevalent than other ones. Like the sick, coughing passenger spreading illness, or the oversized carry-on luggage dolt that needs a professional mover to get on/off the plane, and the lonely seat companion that won't let you close your eyes for 5 minutes without mindlessly chattering about the grandchildren. Oh yes, and the boarding process where seemingly every passenger is treated like cattle...and then they behave like cattle as they try to cut in front when they aren't supposed to or try to board when their seat assignment has not been called.

It's sad for me to feel this way, as I really love aircraft and in general flying. I even work for a major aerospace company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation