Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 09:34 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,398,607 times

Advertisements

To our CD Pilots who've traveled the skies for ages - have you had an encounter with a UAP?

What do you think this is?

Where do you think it comes from?

Could it be the doings of our own gov't or is it a credible threat from a foreign adversary?

These sightings are gaining steam within gov't now that the public is demanding answers.

Until otherwise proven, I chose to believe these UAP objects are manmade and are from the USA or some other country on planet Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxviyN8LI8

Your thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 11:31 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,902,842 times
Interesting that so many are found flying around military aircraft, bases and ships. Someone is placing us under surveillance and it’s not the little green people from Planet X.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:38 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,398,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Interesting that so many are found flying around military aircraft, bases and ships. Someone is placing us under surveillance and it’s not the little green people from Planet X.
I agree. I'm curious to know how these objects are able to fly without wings or a detectable propulsion system.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:22 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
Could be UAP or could be some fine hoaxes. These things have been reported for decades, yet not one clear picture or video, or the real thing has ever been presented. Only if they would land on my front lawn and come out to say, "Hello."

Old 06-12-2021, 05:26 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,863,068 times
I have encountered only one occasion similar.
Between Cuba. NM and Bloomfield (along I-550). NM...

I was flying an Ultra Light airplane about 500 feet AGL, and saw a huge aircraft, painted dark grey, absolutely no livery or N-number! It was flying rather low, passed in front of me at about 1000 feet away from me at about the same altitude I was flying, and looked just like a huge 747 aircraft!

My flying speed is only about 35 mph...

Old 06-12-2021, 08:02 AM

978 posts, read 676,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post

I was flying an Ultra Light airplane about 500 feet AGL, and saw a huge aircraft, painted dark grey, absolutely no livery or N-number! It was flying rather low, passed in front of me at about 1000 feet away from me at about the same altitude I was flying, and looked just like a huge 747 aircraft!

So it was flying at similar speed?

Old 06-12-2021, 10:34 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,902,842 times
Quote:

Just guessing but the Air Force has a history of operating unmarked white or grey aircraft with no markings on clandestine missions for the CIA and the DIA.

Old 06-12-2021, 12:07 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,863,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
So it was flying at similar speed?
I would say its speed was rather slow compared to what you normally see in commercial large aircraft.
The first thing was, that thing seemed huge because it was not that far away from me. Second, it was at a rather low altitude, maybe 1000 feet above me and about 1000 feet in front of me. It came from the east and was flying due west while I was flying north towards Bloomfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Just guessing but the Air Force has a history of operating unmarked white or grey aircraft with no markings on clandestine missions for the CIA and the DIA.
It could have been grey, certainly not white, but definitively no livery or registration! I have a fixed camera on my frame, sadly not pointing up..., so no video proof...

When one mentions: "Flying under the radar", this would have been a good example!

I mention the word 'huge' because normally a commercial aircraft is rather small when you see it "in the air". This thing was so dang low and close by, it actually really scared me, not knowing what the air would do to me. I did file a flight plan so the "officials" knew where I was. I did get on the squawk box, but no answer from anybody. Because of Ultra Light, I was flying VFR (Vee Follow Road) and was following I-550 or whatever that road is... I was flying on my own, so for Justin Case, I fly close to roads!

Edwards Airforce Base is near that area.

The aircarft was defitively some kind of 700 series and it was a four holer.

Old 06-12-2021, 12:55 PM

12,994 posts, read 9,526,789 times
Quote:
I would say its speed was rather slow compared to what you normally see in commercial large aircraft.
The first thing was, that thing seemed huge because it was not that far away from me. Second, it was at a rather low altitude, maybe 1000 feet above me and about 1000 feet in front of me. It came from the east and was flying due west while I was flying north towards Bloomfield.

It could have been grey, certainly not white, but definitively no livery or registration! I have a fixed camera on my frame, sadly not pointing up..., so no video proof...

When one mentions: "Flying under the radar", this would have been a good example!

I mention the word 'huge' because normally a commercial aircraft is rather small when you see it "in the air". This thing was so dang low and close by, it actually really scared me, not knowing what the air would do to me. I did file a flight plan so the "officials" knew where I was. I did get on the squawk box, but no answer from anybody. Because of Ultra Light, I was flying VFR (Vee Follow Road) and was following I-550 or whatever that road is... I was flying on my own, so for Justin Case, I fly close to roads!

You were in New Mexico? Edwards Air Force Base is in California, north of Los Angeles. They're both in the Southwest US, but not very close together.

If you were that close to a large aircraft, it's easy to see how you would worry about what the air would do to you - a 747 creates some hellatious wing tip vortices.

Old 06-12-2021, 04:32 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:

How long ago was this sighting? And isn't there supposed to be some new version in the works to serve as AF-1?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation