Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 07:43 PM

52 posts, read 253,680 times

Advertisements

HI I need advice on buying a used vehicle from a private seller from another state. I want to purchase a vehicle from someone in Florida it is a 2004 Suv for about 13000. I would like to know what kind of fees can I expect with it being 7 years old what are the chances of it passing a Maryland state inspection? Florida does not have required state inspections but this vehicle appears to be very well kept. I just dont want to get stuck with something I cannot register or stuck with a high repair bill to pass the inspection? Also what would be the taxes on that vehicle. I need all the advice I can get have not purchase the vehicle yet but want to know what I could possibly be getting myself into first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 07:50 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Bringing used cars in from out of state is not for the faint of heart...
or those who would ask strangers for information.

Any used car should COME WITH the MD inspection as part of the deal.
refuse to deal with anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.

find something local.
---

Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 PM

181 posts, read 633,507 times
YOU arre really taking a high risk by even considering this deal. I agree whole-heartedly with the comment by Mr. Rational above. Deal locally, and look at the car that's actually already here in Maryland. It should already be inspected. If it's not, make the purchase contingent on a satisfactory inspection by taking it to YOUR shop of your choice.
If you choose to buy this car anyway, all bets are off.
Good luck on your Maryland car search.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:07 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medfieldbum View Post
If it's not, make the purchase contingent on a satisfactory inspection by taking it to YOUR shop of your choice.
nope. That private mechanic inspection is still a good idea to do as well...
(it's needed) but it doesn't make up for being state safety inspected.

This is just as true for "car guys" who *want* to work on them as it is for the clueless don't know which end of a screwdriver to hold types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore