Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 AM

206 posts, read 472,749 times

Advertisements

Stay in the city, certainly. You can expand your neighborhoods a bit. Some of Federal Hill is doable if you can walk the few blocks more than for Otterbein. Barre Circle in addition to Ridgely's, but both are a bit further from a single bus leg. Bolton Hill is well worth checking out if he's willing to walk a few blocks (probably to Penn Station) to make it a single bus trip - but you might feel better about that walk in the morning than at night.

Also I think you can look further north, more like walking distance to campus. The better blocks of Remington are within 40 minutes to Laurel. But if you go to Charles Village or Hampden you'd have to be careful not go too deep in or else it'll be more like 45 minutes occasionally. I don't think your route out of town is too crowded at 7:30-8 in the morning, but the lights aren't especially well-timed on MLK southbound.

Mount Vernon is a great neighborhood but if parking and the dog are big concerns I think you'd do well looking north near the university. You wind up being the only one with an unpleasant commute but it's really only a few minutes more drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,516,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remstone View Post
Barre Circle in addition to Ridgely's, but both are a bit further from a single bus leg. Bolton Hill is well worth checking out if he's willing to walk a few blocks (probably to Penn Station) to make it a single bus trip - but you might feel better about that walk in the morning than at night..
there is consistent ciruclatlor service on Pratt Street serving Ridgely's and Barre Cir/Pigtown so check the "next bus" app online or your phone to find out when the next free shuttle to bring you to charles street is (that is if you don't want to walk 7 or 8 blocks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by remstone View Post
Also I think you can look further north, more like walking distance to campus. The better blocks of Remington are within 40 minutes to Laurel. But if you go to Charles Village or Hampden you'd have to be careful not go too deep in or else it'll be more like 45 minutes occasionally. I don't think your route out of town is too crowded at 7:30-8 in the morning, but the lights aren't especially well-timed on MLK southbound...
Remington is a good choice too. Plus you are close to Druid Hill Park for the doggie.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 PM

653 posts, read 945,915 times
If you're wishing for your commute to be no more than 40 mins., I hate to say it but, unless you're traveling at non-rush hour times, getting from Baltimore City (even south city like Fed. Hill) to Laurel in 40 mins. during rush hour is going to be nearly impossible. 40 mins without traffic = piece of cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore