Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 09:00 PM

53 posts, read 136,075 times

Advertisements

Owings Mills. Take the Metro from the far west end to the far east end. Sure it takes 32 minutes, but you'd be sitting in an hour plus if you're driving from most livable areas. I agree, no one wants to live in the area near the hospital.

A lot of the nurses in my apartment complex do just that, and they all come home around the same time and it's kinda funny seeing 5 or 6 of them walk their dogs in their scrubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 07:53 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,480,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-74 View Post
Owings Mills. Take the Metro from the far west end to the far east end. Sure it takes 32 minutes, but you'd be sitting in an hour plus if you're driving from most livable areas. I agree, no one wants to live in the area near the hospital.

A lot of the nurses in my apartment complex do just that, and they all come home around the same time and it's kinda funny seeing 5 or 6 of them walk their dogs in their scrubs.

I plan to visit this area when I return for my next visit. Which apartment complexes do you recommend I visit? I would prefer a studio/1 bedroom and my budget is $1300 inclusive of utilities. Thanks.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 AM

775 posts, read 1,784,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
Really? We lived at Tindeco between 1989 and 1992. Only thing that ever happened, was our car window got broken once - nothing was taken (we had nothing to take in the car). Someone saw - it was a teenager who worked at Baycafe. I agreed not to press charges IF he paid the cost of replacing the window, AND he promised to turn his life around. He did pay. Don't know if he turned his life around.

My impression is that Canton is safer now than it was then, but I'm not sure.
Sorry, but living at Tindeco isn't exactly experiencing the neighborhood.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:30 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,557,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by are you kidinme? View Post
Sorry, but living at Tindeco isn't exactly experiencing the neighborhood.

"Canton are rife with this kind of criminal activity. The bad guys may mostly murder each other, but they are definately also down in these neighborhoods robbing and stealing from us. There ain't no fence at Fayette St. last time I checked."

at the time we lived there, there was no fence on Boston street, or on O'Donnel street either. Is there one now?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:50 PM

53 posts, read 136,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I plan to visit this area when I return for my next visit. Which apartment complexes do you recommend I visit? I would prefer a studio/1 bedroom and my budget is $1300 inclusive of utilities. Thanks.
Goodlife, no problem. Keep in mind the 3 or 4 apartment complexes within walking distance of the Owings Mills metro are pricier than the others, but rents for a studio or 1/1 tend to be in the 900-1200 range.

Check the demographics of O-M before moving there, as the town is starting to become more like the dreaded Randallstown (to where Baltimoreans fled so as to not be around other Baltimoreans and ended up just importing the exact same problems).

Unlike Randallstown, O-M is almost 100% apartment complexes, actually it was designed that way. Most people actually work, but I imagine some of the complexes tolerate section 8 and other forms of scumbaggery. The public schools are no the best as far as Baltimore County goes, so if you have kids thats another consideration.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:51 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,480,512 times
Quote:
Goodlife, no problem. Keep in mind the 3 or 4 apartment complexes within walking distance of the Owings Mills metro are pricier than the others, but rents for a studio or 1/1 tend to be in the 900-1200 range.

Check the demographics of O-M before moving there, as the town is starting to become more like the dreaded Randallstown (to where Baltimoreans fled so as to not be around other Baltimoreans and ended up just importing the exact same problems).

Unlike Randallstown, O-M is almost 100% apartment complexes, actually it was designed that way. Most people actually work, but I imagine some of the complexes tolerate section 8 and other forms of scumbaggery. The public schools are no the best as far as Baltimore County goes, so if you have kids thats another consideration.
Thanks.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:48 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
"Canton are rife with this kind of criminal activity. The bad guys may mostly murder each other, but they are definately also down in these neighborhoods robbing and stealing from us. There ain't no fence at Fayette St. last time I checked."

at the time we lived there, there was no fence on Boston street, or on O'Donnel street either. Is there one now?

They steal from the innocent for the money. They kill each other over who will get that money.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:50 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times
OP, you don't have to live near the terminus of the Metro in Owings Mills, but it might be a good idea to live within an easy commute of the terminus.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:07 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:

Section 8 destroying more areas I see, when will it end?

Old 12-16-2015, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,111 times
Im a realtor, Ive seen the good and the bad, in the JHH Area.And right now the good is at it highest times. If your looking for a place to rent or purchase call me. 4434149092 [email]cleopatra@kw.com[/email]. JH offers emp. grants for home purchase, theres alot of homes in the area that our luxury fully renovated going for the low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore