Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 AM

4 posts, read 18,648 times

Advertisements

I am trying to come up with a proposal idea for the end of February. My gf is going to be flying back from a business trip and my idea was to have a car service waiting for her at BWI that would then take her to a scenic place (maybe overlooking the bay somewhere?) where I would pop the question. The trouble is, I'm not really sure where to go. I live in Federal Hill and I know there is Federal Hill park but I was kind of hoping for somewhere a little different since we go by there all the time. Also, it is going to be on a Sunday night so the place will have to be somewhat lit. Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't lived here long enough to know all of the good spots. Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 AM

89 posts, read 208,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD726 View Post
I am trying to come up with a proposal idea for the end of February. My gf is going to be flying back from a business trip and my idea was to have a car service waiting for her at BWI that would then take her to a scenic place (maybe overlooking the bay somewhere?) where I would pop the question. The trouble is, I'm not really sure where to go. I live in Federal Hill and I know there is Federal Hill park but I was kind of hoping for somewhere a little different since we go by there all the time. Also, it is going to be on a Sunday night so the place will have to be somewhat lit. Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't lived here long enough to know all of the good spots. Thanks

Annapolis maybe? Plenty of places to grab dinner and lots of scenery along the Severn River. Not sure how set your plan is, but you could also do a night at a B&B on the eastern shore. St. Michael's is nice.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,899,214 times
Check out the boardwalk in front of Under Armour/Tide Point. The View is stunning and they have some great adirondack chairs.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 AM

10,208 posts, read 15,912,728 times
They close at dusk, but North Point State Park and Fort Howard County across the Key Bridge in Baltimore County are very nice places. North Point has a LONG peninsula that juts out into the Bay where you can see the Eastern Shore and the Bay Bridge on a clear day its my favorite place around Baltimore. There is also Fort Smallwood Park at the base of the Key Bridge but technically it closes too at dusk, however I hear people go there all the time at night and the police are never there or don't care. Fort Smallwood park is less pretty but at night its brighter and you can see the lights around the harbor though not the downtown skyline from there.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,254,667 times
It's closed on Sunday, and I wouldn't suggest it as the place for a proposal at any time, but one of the very best scenic views of Baltimore is from the top of the hill at the Quarantine Road Landfill. Fort Armistead has a nice view of the Key Bridge, Fort Carroll, and the Outer Harbor, but is also not really the place for a proposal (of marriage).

Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,086,237 times
I was on a tour of the Baltimore Harbor defenses (Fort Howard, Fort Smallwood, Fort Armistead, etc) a couple years ago and I wouldn't suggets ANY of them as a place to go anywhere near dusk or dawn! They are just too isolated. I was initially thinking Fort McHenry but I don't think it is open that late.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,509,633 times
Most City College Knights will tell you that the best view is from the top floor (I tend to agree).

I like KLynch's idea. Alternatively, the SE corner of Druid Hill Park (by the tower) has a great view of downtown, the port, and Key Bridge. You could say, "hey hun let's go take a walk" then when you get to that side of the reservoir, boom pop the question.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 AM

4 posts, read 18,648 times
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I will have to go and check some of these places out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore