Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,808 times

Advertisements

I will be attending a law school in Baltimore by the end of August. I am starting to look for apartments, but I wasn't too happy with the selection around the campus. Also, everyone keeps telling me that my car will constantly be broken into, i may get mugged, and so on. I need some suggestions of neighborhoods to look into.

does anyone know of a gated community? (would feel very safe with my car parked inside it at night).

Do you think that Towson is too far of a commute? What is the traffic like from 8 to 9 am?

I just want to live in a place where my car won't get broken into and I feel safe. Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by treppster; 06-03-2013 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,860,305 times
As with living in any city, you run the risk of being a crime victim. To minimize the risk, practice common sense street smarts.

UB Law? There's a lot of traffic in Baltimore around the Mt Vernon area during rush hour. I don't know of any gated communities in the area, but there are apt buildings that have their own parking area or garage.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:31 AM

775 posts, read 1,784,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treppster View Post
I will be attending a law school in Baltimore by the end of August. I am starting to look for apartments, but I wasn't too happy with the selection around the campus. Also, everyone keeps telling me that my car will constantly be broken into, i may get mugged, and so on. I need some suggestions of neighborhoods to look into.

does anyone know of a gated community? (would feel very safe with my car parked inside it at night).

Do you think that Towson is too far of a commute? What is the traffic like from 8 to 9 am?

I just want to live in a place where my car won't get broken into and I feel safe. Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Ah ha ha ha ha!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 AM

805 posts, read 2,115,268 times
The Fitzgerald is right in the area with parking.
Baltimore Apartments for Rent in Mount Vernon, Baltimore MD | 1201 West Mt. Royal Ave. Baltimore, MD 21217

You could save a lot of money by finding an apartment in Bolton Hill or Midtown but garage parking will cost more. The area is safe so you should be fine.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:39 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
If you are uncomfortable living in the City, why not consider the suburbs with close access to the Subway? There is a Subway stop at the State Office Blgd. complex that's a 10 minute walk to UB. You could live in Mt. Washington or even Owings Mills and use the Subway if you are worried about your car getting broken into. Although, walking in Mt. Vernon is fairly safe. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore