Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 10:11 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times

Advertisements

How is what I conveyed as racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Oh, so the problem is not civilian on civilian crime, instead it is black on black crime?? That is the most racist statement I have ever heard. So you would rather have those blacks that are committing crimes against other blacks commit those crimes against white people instead? When people think and make statements like that, they are showing what racist pigs they really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 10:42 AM

389 posts, read 427,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Huh????!!!! Aren't you tired of Black boys and men being shot down in the street by cops (white and black), and other Blacks?!
Of COURSE I'm tired of it!

Old 11-29-2014, 10:57 AM

206 posts, read 798,066 times
Amen, someone gets it. The kid was a thug and nothing more. His father is the same. This is who the people want to protest for? LOL.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:02 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflamezzz View Post
Amen, someone gets it. The kid was a thug and nothing more. His father is the same. This is who the people want to protest for? LOL.
They're protesting for due process.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:11 PM

389 posts, read 427,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflamezzz View Post
You're not getting the bigger picture. People are mainly protesting because they're fed up with the racial disparities within the justice system. If Darren Wilson was Black and Michael Brown was White, people would not be calling him a thug.

Nobody called Elliott Rodger or James Holmes a thug.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:10 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,838 times
Although I do agree there are many racial incidents within police forces around the country, I believe officer Wilson did the right thing as the evidence is conveyed. The first couple days the country was scratching their heads us until the robbery video came out, which dismissed the premise that this kid was an angle in the streets.

The protests are simply not really about the case anymore but the general welfare of black lives against police. There is some merit to this argument but the lack of credibility in the protests is two fold: (1) Lack of condemnation of the black communities struggle with violence (2) the disregard of the welfare of people by looting and stealing, which is contradictory of them wanting to be treated like "humans". Protestors should be thankful they can even protests to this extent, examples of Syria, Egypt, Tunisia ring a bell before burning American flags.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:54 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Although I do agree there are many racial incidents within police forces around the country, I believe officer Wilson did the right thing as the evidence is conveyed. The first couple days the country was scratching their heads us until the robbery video came out, which dismissed the premise that this kid was an angle in the streets.

The protests are simply not really about the case anymore but the general welfare of black lives against police. There is some merit to this argument but the lack of credibility in the protests is two fold: (1) Lack of condemnation of the black communities struggle with violence (2) the disregard of the welfare of people by looting and stealing, which is contradictory of them wanting to be treated like "humans". Protestors should be thankful they can even protests to this extent, examples of Syria, Egypt, Tunisia ring a bell before burning American flags.
The sad part is the parents are still in denial of what their son was doing or capable of. Let's throw the race out and concentrate on how the parents cannot view the video of their son demonizing hard working store workers. That is the wrong message to other races that you condone your kids action and ignore his crime.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The sad part is the parents are still in denial of what their son was doing or capable of. Let's throw the race out and concentrate on how the parents cannot view the video of their son demonizing hard working store workers. That is the wrong message to other races that you condone your kids action and ignore his crime.
Agreed . If I was a parent and this happened to me, I would at least understand what my son did. I would say other things to defend him Of course but the sheer denial is what I can't understand. Even the community said basically " so what!? Did he deserved to die"? This bizarre concept is the main concern. They are not mature enough yet to be accountable for their actions ( At least the population that fits this description). Even the attitude of burning your fellow humans store because they have insurance is ludicrous. They claim they want respect, equality, which they really do get as a citizen but their arguments are justified if only they actually understand wh at the problems are. I don't think they know what the real problems are in their communities and its not just the white man either.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 AM

8,239 posts, read 13,360,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Agreed . If I was a parent and this happened to me, I would at least understand what my son did. I would say other things to defend him Of course but the sheer denial is what I can't understand. Even the community said basically " so what!? Did he deserved to die"? This bizarre concept is the main concern. They are not mature enough yet to be accountable for their actions ( At least the population that fits this description). Even the attitude of burning your fellow humans store because they have insurance is ludicrous. They claim they want respect, equality, which they really do get as a citizen but their arguments are justified if only they actually understand wh at the problems are. I don't think they know what the real problems are in their communities and its not just the white man either.

That is what makes this complex.. Mike Brown is a manifistation of the frustration of a variety of people. Some protest had an equal amount of white people protesting.... People are using Mike Brown as a symbol for whatever their cause maybe.. Police against young black men, people versus government/police state, free speech, folks who want to take advantage of the unrust to loot stores/rob, "leaders" using it as a soap box for their own advancement, legit leaders using it to draw attention to other social issues.

I could understand people being outraged over Treyvon Martin... not saying that Mike Brown's life is less valuable.. but under circumstances...On case you had a young man stalked and killed by a civilian the other was confronted because of a specific incident (and though their are various accounts of what happened) there was some form of altercation with the Police Officer.. WHY was there an altercation still seems like the root of the issue that no one seem prepared to discuss.. Did the Officer attack Brown and was he defending himself? That would be the only reason to actually FIGHT a police officer in IMHO.. if that didnt occur and it can be proven that Brown was not the aggressor.. THEN I can see outrage though one cant justify burning stores and property of your own community as an appropriate reaction....

Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
That is what makes this complex.. Mike Brown is a manifistation of the frustration of a variety of people. Some protest had an equal amount of white people protesting.... People are using Mike Brown as a symbol for whatever their cause maybe.. Police against young black men, people versus government/police state, free speech, folks who want to take advantage of the unrust to loot stores/rob, "leaders" using it as a soap box for their own advancement, legit leaders using it to draw attention to other social issues.

I could understand people being outraged over Treyvon Martin... not saying that Mike Brown's life is less valuable.. but under circumstances...On case you had a young man stalked and killed by a civilian the other was confronted because of a specific incident (and though their are various accounts of what happened) there was some form of altercation with the Police Officer.. WHY was there an altercation still seems like the root of the issue that no one seem prepared to discuss.. Did the Officer attack Brown and was he defending himself? That would be the only reason to actually FIGHT a police officer in IMHO.. if that didnt occur and it can be proven that Brown was not the aggressor.. THEN I can see outrage though one cant justify burning stores and property of your own community....
Don't forget the various testimonials in the beginning like being shot in the back, on his knees, officer Wilson shooting him on the ground, ext... I mean, if it happened it happened without 3 versions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore